• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Triple REV thread

O
Nov 26, 2007
Alta, Norway
www.scooternorge.no
Haven't seen any of these threads yet, so I'm starting one...

who's got a triple in a rev, how do you like it?

I got a stock '96 779 in a 2004 Renegade X chassie, that I've been building on and off for the last two seasons...I'm using bondi engines triple-rev kit, and pipes from Jaws, that I bought used from big John (I know he's got one of these monsters too)

I'm just about to finish it up as we speak...now I just got a 144" Zx2 Suspension from AD Boivin that I will install once I get it running correctly (need snow to tune it first), and a couple of marwin shaw shocks...

Will post pics as soon as I find some snow to test it out...

Last edited:
M

Modedmach1

Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks, Alaska
Thinking about doing this next year if I can find a chassie. I have an 809 in a ZX chassie. How did the Bondi engine mounts work??? The ones for the Zx worked great. How are you getting air to the carbs??? I would like to see some pics when completed, as I am interested in building one. Thanks:)

M
Sep 21, 2002
Edmonton
Good thread.

I have an 05 that I wanted to do this to, and a 779 waiting for a home also.

I wasthinking to get a bare chassis, powdercoat it, and start from scratch..

Slight big bore, and some other fun stuff...:D

O
Nov 26, 2007
Alta, Norway
www.scooternorge.no
modemach: Bondi kit is really ok... No bigge problem, but couldnt get it to fit with 52mm carbs and a 1025 motor....So I put in the stock 38mm rack and a 779 motor. Hood is a problem to get closed with the pipes getting to high in chassie, you REALLY have to get the motor ALL the way back in the mounts...

Air to the carbs is a problem..I was thinking of trying to get the air filters to sit as high as possible undet the dash, but I think that bondi has an airbox avaliable for this conversion...

But, you should get the same amount of air into the carbs without an airbox, as people that are putting KN filters on their twins. I know it's hot air, so I think I will try doing something about it. Not my biggest concern right now...

I also have the kit for the ZX chasie, and thinking about doing the 1025 in a summit base or something, but just by looking at both kits, I'd say the REV kit has been put more time into building. Kit actually looks good, except for the motor mount tilts...Ken@sspecialtysleds also has a kit avaliable for this, but he said the motor shouldn't be tilted.... But, Bondi did tilt it...Hope someone here has used Specialtysleds kits and are able to tell us how they work...

What I can tell you is throttle responce is bar to none on this sled....

Will take pics once it's finished...NO snow on the field outside my house right now, so no test and tune at the moment...

N
Nov 26, 2007
CowTown
Air to the carbs is a problem..I was thinking of trying to get the air filters to sit as high as possible undet the dash, but I think that bondi has an airbox avaliable for this conversion...

But, you should get the same amount of air into the carbs without an airbox, as people that are putting KN filters on their twins. I know it's hot air, so I think I will try doing something about it. Not my biggest concern right now...
Something like this......
http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44717

O
Nov 26, 2007
Alta, Norway
www.scooternorge.no
yes, that's what I'm talking about....there's a little less room in the REV with the triple conversion, but a guy could probably make it fit pretty good...

Roght now I'm running the same filters, angeled, straight from the carbs...was thinking maybe to add some sort of forced air from the side panel, or the stock headlight posistion, but what you've done looks like it will work pretty good actually...

Here's a tread with pics from the buildup..text is in norwegian, but the pics are there to watch anyway...

TripleREV

P
Dec 10, 2007
lloydminster ab
tripple recs

Hey guys i've got an 04 rev with a tripple price perf 1170 with the bondi mounting kit.Pipes were built by npp. 162 track. Neils dyno said 243hp. IT rocks and 45 nos. very happy finally.

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
sounds like fun...do you have any pics of it? I wish I was able to have my sled sent to NPP for pipes...I'm told he only build custom pipes if he has your sled there?

Thats by far the best way to do it. That way they can fit 100% and he can tie it up to the dyno for you if you want. He does have some jigs for the stuff he does alot of though.

O
Nov 26, 2007
Alta, Norway
www.scooternorge.no
Thats by far the best way to do it. That way they can fit 100% and he can tie it up to the dyno for you if you want. He does have some jigs for the stuff he does alot of though.

yeah, it would be great to be able to do it, but it's kinda pricy sending a sled from Norway to get three pipes fitted...:D

Wonder if anybody have dyno'd Jaws pipes against NPP pipes (I know I know dyno numbers are just numbers, but still) would be interesting. What Big John said was that the NPP pipes where MUCH lighter than jaws...Don't know about fit, and hp, but lighet is good when you got three of them...

H

H2SNOW

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 19, 2005
North of 60 ...Deep Deep in the bush ......
I did this 10 years ago well maybe not 10 ....not for another month that is ..

had a 97 summit and a Mach Z ...98 that is ..rode my Mach for about 2 months then jerked out the 8 hundo big fundo and stuffed it in my Summit ..rolled the chain case, Jaws pipes, M-10 Suspension, J&M trailing arms Hymark Roller secondary , V-Force reeds ..etc anyways she ripped pretty good in the ole s chassis at the time..sold it to a buddy who finaly 890d my motor the way I was gonna in the forst place.

Anyways he thru it into a ZX chassis with my M-10 etc ....worked really nice once it got going ..like big time ..

Now he took that motor and another one and tossed it into a rev chassis....

she works good with Nitrous ...and its a Bondi engine

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
had put a 925 tripple big bore kit in a rev chassie many years ago, tought to fit with pipes but neil was the man, the low end tq was like no other feeling, but just could not keep that motor together, seised it way to many times climbing and then you have to deal with it... think the cooling system just could not handle the extra heat

i almost got out of sledding after that bad exsperience$$, drove a stocker since 01 and now dabbling in the BB once again

gotta love HP

O
Nov 26, 2007
Alta, Norway
www.scooternorge.no
I'm sorry to hear that. Cooling is a bit of a worry...the front cooler needs to be removed, so there will be some extra heat for sure....

I'm going to be watcching the water and exhaust temp on the digatron to make sure no melt down...

Maybe a rear u-cooler needs to be installed? Anybody tested that?

and..who will be first with a triple in a XP?

gotta love the triple..only two stroke I will ever own...:face-icon-small-con

O
Nov 26, 2007
Alta, Norway
www.scooternorge.no
Finally had some time to work on the sled again...Installed a set of Marwin Shaw billett shocks...Looks pimp...
Now, what's everybody running for headlights? I don't have any wiring harness on mine, guess you have to use the 440 harness if you want it to work?

I was thinking just to put some small lights up front, as we only have about 4 hours of daylight right now...but I need something that light up pretty good...any ideas? Hope to have the sled all worked out over the next weekend...

S

Sako7STW

Nov 6, 2003
Evanston, WY
Hmmm this could be fun. I have 2 tripples sitting in my garage. One is a 925 semi-MONSTER that is in a custom chassis that basically a Polaris set-up, I call it the Poo-Doo. The other is a stock 780. Been considering what to do with it. Was thinking maybe a Turbo or sending it to Price and have them do a 1200 stroker kit on it and have Packerd do the porting to it. Not sure if I would like the Rev chassis or not, would be lighter I think. My 925 tipped the scale at 520 with a half tank of gas, so not bad.

Last edited:
O
Nov 26, 2007
Alta, Norway
www.scooternorge.no
well..not only is the REV pretty light, but it also has good ergonomics...I'd say go for it...I only have a 779 in miner, but have a 1025 on the shelf that I'm thinking about putting in it. Had the 1025 in it, but the 52mm carbs where a bit on the big side....not sure if I want to put 38mm on a 1025 motor...

Premium Features