• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Torsion Springs

D
Nov 26, 2007
From Away
Can anybody tell me where to get Fat Boy torsion springs? or is there any other type of heavy duty spring out there?
I go 250 lbs. naked (now try and get that image out of your head). I use the .405 size on my switchback. You can always back off on the preload setting. I run mine in the middle and top setting according to load. I have a tunnel bag on the back that sometimes has 20 lbs. in it.

A
Feb 27, 2008
Kenai, Alaska
I go 250 lbs. naked (now try and get that image out of your head). I use the .405 size on my switchback. You can always back off on the preload setting. I run mine in the middle and top setting according to load. I have a tunnel bag on the back that sometimes has 20 lbs. in it.

Ok.....I'm 205 naked(with alot of back hair) :)
Sled will bottom out sometimes, I carry a 2.5 gallon gas can and a lunch bag(a couple growlers) on my tunnel. I have the blocks cranked up all the way.
Was thinkin of going to the .375s but worried about to much spring rebound off a drop. Is this a concern?
I ride a 05 900 151 50th with stock rear shocks.
Was also thinking of going to the heavier front spring from Carl's.
Does somebody have some input on whats the best way to go here.
Thanks,
Lance

Feb 15, 2008
I'm also in the market for some heavy springs for an edge. I was thinking i'd go with .405 since i'm arould 215lbs. Does this sound right or are .375s enough.
I don't mean to highjack this thread or anything. Pretty much same question as AKLance.

D
Dec 9, 2007
Palmer,Alaska
Springs

Last season I tried to get stiffer springs for my 08 dragon switchback 136, and I was told that it came with the stiffest available. They list 3 different sets but the other 2 sets are softer.. This did not make sense. You would think that they have a stiffer set.. Im 250lbs.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Make sure you have a shock that is set up for your weight or you will still bottom out at times. the spring and shock work together not alone.

D
Nov 26, 2007
From Away
Last season I tried to get stiffer springs for my 08 dragon switchback 136, and I was told that it came with the stiffest available. They list 3 different sets but the other 2 sets are softer.. This did not make sense. You would think that they have a stiffer set.. Im 250lbs.

Measure the spring yourself and then you will know what you have. I don't think it will measure with a ruler, a
micrometer or a vernier is the tool to use. I haven't seen part numbers on my springs to compare. I would think you could borrow one from a gas station or similar shop if your sled dealer was testy.:face-icon-small-dis

S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
.375 is the largest spring to fit any polaris longer than 136. The .405 fit the short trackers only, the angle is way different try these maybe work for you http://startinglineproducts.com/catalog.cfm?pageID=detail&catalogID=3&catID=47&productID=1124
I've had .405 90° springs on my longtrack sleds since 04/05.

They work awesome for any rider thats 300+.

As for anyone under 280 pounds, doing just normal mountain riding, I would go with the .375 90°. If you like doing jumps and want the added "safety margin" then I would suggest the .405 77°.

Premium Features