• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tip Over / Pull Cord Issue

P
2006 Polaris RMK 600HO (Stock)

• Was riding today when we got to a technical snow drift where at very low speed my buddy tipped over my sled. After getting the sled upright I tried starting pulling the pull cord to start the sled and it just pulled really easy (obviously not engaging) but would go back in. It appeared the cord had broke though you could pull the cord all the way out and back in. We then leaned the sled to the opposite from which it had tipped over and the pull cable then engaged and I could start the sled. Seemed fine after that.
Is this normal? This is a new sled for me (first day on it) and was surprised to see this behaviour. My buddies who were long time riders had not seen this before.

Let me know if this is normal or if anyone has any ideas on why this happened and what I need to do about it. I have not had a chance to get in there to take a look.

Thanks,
Craig

B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City
Not normal, I would take the pull starter off and check the nut that holds the cover over the starter pawl. Sounds like it's about to come off and cause some damage. It's should loctited on. The internals are pretty similar on both the Cat and Polaris.

P
Thanks for the reply! I will definitely get in there and take a look.

I was moving the sled around my yard etc and have not had the issue again but will get in there so I do not get stuck in the back country!

Thanks...

Premium Features