• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thanks Ski-Doo!!!!!!

sledjunky_86

Premium Member
Jan 22, 2013
So finally got to check out the new Orange Crush 165 at Jesco Powersports in Kalispell. Showed up yesterday on April Fools and they definitely let some fools ride it before it showed up here. The whole left side was busted up, steering stem was bent, and various other stuff wrong with it. So I ask if they are demoing the sled, response I get is "it will only be here until tomorrow at noon, and no demos!" So not only can we not demo it but the one they send for us to look at is all jacked up! Jesco is a Platinum BRP dealer and we have a ton of riders out here with some awesome snow still and we can't ride it but the fools out in Oregon can't f$&@ it all up, thanks a lot skidoo! Regardless of the sleds condition it definitely looks pissed off. It was sitting next to an Axys 155 LE in Lime Green and I definitely liked the look of the Axys better than Orange Crush Ski Doo. Happy that I snowchecked the black 165 and hope it performs better than the Axys because it definitely doesn't look as good. Also have a few of the same complaints/concerns as everyone else. Brake setup is s*%# unless they change something from these prototype sleds, that bleeder screw is going to get broke off or f@&$ my boots up, if it stays the same I'll probably just pull the bleeder screw and plug it. I also feel like the brake is going to get snow in it and it's really in the way of your boot, the whole thing is just f$&@ed! Felt the 3" track on the skidoo and definitely felt like the lugs were super soft compared to the axys so might end up buying an extra 2.5" track or a different 3" for spring time riding. Of course the shocks are crap they look like Walmart shocks in the skid and dealer says for now the only upgrade is a fox float which is not going to cut it for me. Sitting next to that fresh out of the crate LE Axys the Skidoo looked liked a bone stock rental sled that a bunch of hooligans trashed! I liked the rest of the sled just fine but that 850 and new clutch set up better work flawlessly or I'll be back to Polaris next year! By the way I have a 2011 Pro 155 that I bought new and have never had any problems with- fuel, oil, grease and WFO! So this Skidoo better be the same way, I don't care if it's the first year or not. And Norona if you read this please explain this brake situation. And for the love of God can somebody give us a good video of the gen 4 165 vs the T3 174 or vs 163 Axys, it's going to be a long summer waiting for this thing and I need some more sled ****! Norona you could help in this category too. Sorry for the rant!

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
The things you highlighted as negatives were the same things i saw looking at the new doo doo. The way this new sled looks is like a speed slap in the eyeballs!! And that's unfortunate! I hope it runs WAAAAYY better than it looks. The brake thing in the footwell alone would drive me crazy lol

You probably have to be a "teachers pet" to be able to demo one of them LOL Although i must say Polaris did the same think with the axys, but it was definitely a home run, no question about it :)

As for me....got a new 17 AXYS on the way and am STOKED!!

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Need a tissue?? I seen them today and I like them. To all there own though. Money down on a Black 165" X 2.5" for me.

I agree with you. They look quite good in person. Love the ergonomics on them. Got a 154x3 creamsicle coming for me.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
So finally got to check out the new Orange Crush 165 at Jesco Powersports in Kalispell. Showed up yesterday on April Fools and they definitely let some fools ride it before it showed up here. The whole left side was busted up, steering stem was bent, and various other stuff wrong with it. So I ask if they are demoing the sled, response I get is "it will only be here until tomorrow at noon, and no demos!" So not only can we not demo it but the one they send for us to look at is all jacked up! Jesco is a Platinum BRP dealer and we have a ton of riders out here with some awesome snow still and we can't ride it but the fools out in Oregon can't f$&@ it all up, thanks a lot skidoo! Regardless of the sleds condition it definitely looks pissed off. It was sitting next to an Axys 155 LE in Lime Green and I definitely liked the look of the Axys better than Orange Crush Ski Doo. Happy that I snowchecked the black 165 and hope it performs better than the Axys because it definitely doesn't look as good. Also have a few of the same complaints/concerns as everyone else. Brake setup is s*%# unless they change something from these prototype sleds, that bleeder screw is going to get broke off or f@&$ my boots up, if it stays the same I'll probably just pull the bleeder screw and plug it. I also feel like the brake is going to get snow in it and it's really in the way of your boot, the whole thing is just f$&@ed! Felt the 3" track on the skidoo and definitely felt like the lugs were super soft compared to the axys so might end up buying an extra 2.5" track or a different 3" for spring time riding. Of course the shocks are crap they look like Walmart shocks in the skid and dealer says for now the only upgrade is a fox float which is not going to cut it for me. Sitting next to that fresh out of the crate LE Axys the Skidoo looked liked a bone stock rental sled that a bunch of hooligans trashed! I liked the rest of the sled just fine but that 850 and new clutch set up better work flawlessly or I'll be back to Polaris next year! By the way I have a 2011 Pro 155 that I bought new and have never had any problems with- fuel, oil, grease and WFO! So this Skidoo better be the same way, I don't care if it's the first year or not. And Norona if you read this please explain this brake situation. And for the love of God can somebody give us a good video of the gen 4 165 vs the T3 174 or vs 163 Axys, it's going to be a long summer waiting for this thing and I need some more sled ****! Norona you could help in this category too. Sorry for the rant!

So someone damaged the sled and you are wondering why we don't have tons of demos and also why did not get to ride one, Ask the dummy who felt he needed to damage a sled to see if it would work? No one has damaged or broken off the leader valve and I was concerned to as I use ski boots to sled ski and nothing, did not notice it and not one has seen damage in this area, it also works awesome. I love the look of the sled and really what matters is it works, to me. Track rips and would not change one thing compared to the 2016 t3 track, actually shocks are one of the best shocks out there in the kebab, even without piggy backs, but get them revalved by a shock guy and the proof is in the pudding. I can't make you happy that is on you but hope you like the sled next season, if you do make sure you let us know. Cheers dave

KingCon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2016
Sledjunky 86,

How dare you say such things about the new Doo on this forum! You know that anyone that says someone critical about it gets shunned! Lol. I agree exactly what you said. Be prepared they will call you an idiot soon!

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Sledjunky 86,

How dare you say such things about the new Doo on this forum! You know that anyone that says someone critical about it gets shunned! Lol. I agree exactly what you said. Be prepared they will call you an idiot soon!

Hmm. I wonder what would happen if I went to the axys forum and said the same things about the axys. I bet everyone would just nod their heads and agree.

Lol. Ya. Maybe not.

KingCon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2016
So someone can't surf back and forth between forum sections and have anything critical to say? If someone doesn't like constructive criticism I guess they should go to Doo talk. He wasn't bashing! He is pissed of that the sled they bring is wrecked and he can't ride it. They must have been trying to cut a sidehill behind an Axys and wodded it up into the trees! Lol

Last edited:
D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
One year we trashed the demo for 3 days rode the fauckingwhiz out of the thing. The Doo rep was furious at our dealer for allowing us clowns to do this to the demo. Needless to say everyone that rode the demo during the 3 days snow checked a sled.

DPG

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
So someone can't surf back and forth between forum sections and have anything critical to say? If someone doesn't like constructive criticism I guess they should go to Doo talk. He wasn't bashing! He is pissed of that the sled they bring is wrecked and he can't ride it. They must have been trying to cut a sidehill behind an Axys and wodded it up into the trees! Lol

I'm not saying that. I just think it's funny when you poo guys come over here and b!tch and moan and expect everyone to agree with you. I can understand the frustration. But the op should also realize that it is difficult to get a demo to everyone that wants to ride one. Maybe skidoo should have never sent the sled to the next dealer with it damaged, but then everyone would be butt hurt that they didn't get to see it. Damn if you do, damn if you don't.

sledjunky_86

Premium Member
Jan 22, 2013
No big deal

I knew when I wrote that post there would be people that reacted exactly how they did. I read useless post after useless post like the ones in the "G4 sidehill" thread and y'all wanna bitch about how long my post is. I'd say I'm as neutral as it gets (own Polaris/snowchecked skidoo) and y'all are pissed because I gave an honest review of what I personally observed. So if you went to buy a new ZO6 and at the dealer it was wrecked and they won't let u demo/test drive would you be wanting to put down $95,000 to get one? As far as the brake bleeder screw I just wanted some feedback on whether or not it was a real problem, obviously for now it hasn't been, thanks for the input. Yes I am happy I at least got to see it, which is more than most. Dont get so defensive Norona! And are u telling me that this multi million dollar company can't afford to give say a total of 10 demo sleds (one for each of the major riding states) post it on there website when they'll be there, have a limited number of people sign up, if they get ****ed up put a few new parts on them, and make everyone happy? Wouldn't you rather have people out saying that they demo'd the new sled and it ****in rips or they brought the sled it was all ****ed up and I sure hope I like my new one cause skidoo couldn't afford to give demo sleds out. I appreciate Norona, Custer, and everyone else that has given valuable reviews and tutorials on different things. I cant wait for my G4 to get here and I guess I'll wait to post again until I get it, so y'all don't have to read anymore lengthy rants from me you can go back to the sidehill thread and talk about a bunch of dumb **** instead of something useful you ****ing clowns! And I don't need to mention names you know who you are. Thanks and have a good summer.

Last edited:
I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
Sledjunky 86,

Tell us that one about the 850 running thru a full tank in 17 miles... that was my favourite !!!:eyebrows::eyebrows:

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
And are u telling me that this multi million dollar company can't afford to give say a total of 10 demo sleds (one for each of the major riding states) post it on there website when they'll be there, have a limited number of people sign up, if they get ****ed up put a few new parts on them, and make everyone happy?

You do have a point there. 20 sleds would be even better. A 165 and a 154.

KingCon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2016
You don't care to know the truth anyways Insaneboltrounder/sjohns. I am the same way as sledjunky86, we are both unbiased. I ride a Cat so I don't care what you think dude. I think both Polaris and Ski Doo have some great sleds this year and last but you can't take any criticism. You think it is bashing. If someone would compare the Ski Doo to a Cat you wouldn't get all defensive, it must me a jealous Polaris thing with you Insaneboltrounder/sjohns. Why don't you put the keyboard down and ask you Mom and Dad if it is OK to go ride. You make me laugh!!

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
I knew when I wrote that post there would be people that reacted exactly how they did. I read useless post after useless post like the ones in the "G4 sidehill" thread and y'all wanna bitch about how long my post is. I'd say I'm as neutral as it gets (own Polaris/snowchecked skidoo) and y'all are pissed because I gave an honest review of what I personally observed. So if you went to buy a new ZO6 and at the dealer it was wrecked and they won't let u demo/test drive would you be wanting to put down $95,000 to get one? As far as the brake bleeder screw I just wanted some feedback on whether or not it was a real problem, obviously for now it hasn't been, thanks for the input. Yes I am happy I at least got to see it, which is more than most. Dont get so defensive Norona! And are u telling me that this multi million dollar company can't afford to give say a total of 10 demo sleds (one for each of the major riding states) post it on there website when they'll be there, have a limited number of people sign up, if they get ****ed up put a few new parts on them, and make everyone happy? Wouldn't you rather have people out saying that they demo'd the new sled and it ****in rips or they brought the sled it was all ****ed up and I sure hope I like my new one cause skidoo couldn't afford to give demo sleds out. I appreciate Norona, Custer, and everyone else that has given valuable reviews and tutorials on different things. I cant wait for my G4 to get here and I guess I'll wait to post again until I get it, so y'all don't have to read anymore lengthy rants from me you can go back to the sidehill thread and talk about a bunch of dumb **** instead of something useful you ****ing clowns! And I don't need to mention names you know who you are. Thanks and have a good summer.

I would go to chevy dealership down the street for a test ride a Z06 ... Or are all the Z06's wrecked at all the chevy dealerships ?

DPG

Premium Features