• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Supreme Tool Exhaust Valves high vs low elevation ?s

S

SnoPro753

May 4, 2008
Central Iowa
I am looking to purchase a set of Supreme Tool Exhaust valves for my M7 and I am wondering about their adjustment from flatland riding to 9000+ riding?

Do you have to change the springs? or can you just adjust the nut to alter opening rpm?

Anyone have any experience with this?

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
very easy to adjust with the cap nut, some times the spring you get from stm is too stiff but you can buy a stock doo spring for a 700 and it gives you better adjustment. should be more of a set and forget and alt shouldn't have that big of an effect.

S
Nov 26, 2007
The new STM valve conversion does not have an adjuster nut on them. You have to take them apart and add or subtract shims, or change out the springs.

S

SnoPro753

May 4, 2008
Central Iowa
The new STM valve conversion does not have an adjuster nut on them. You have to take them apart and add or subtract shims, or change out the springs.

This sounds more difficult to adjust going from 9000+ to sea level. Should I try to find an older set with the adjuster nut?

Premium Features