• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

studding question?

T

TG230

Jan 12, 2008
Anamosa Iowa
I am going to stud my 09 800 rmk shift. Iwas just wondering where I should place the tunnel protectors.Since the heat exchangers are where you normally place them above the windows? I put a 144 by 1.25 track under it for riding here at home and will put the 2 inch back when Ihead back out west. Any guidence will be greatly appreciated so big thanks ahead of time.:

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
I run the 2.25 finger track with screws (not studs). I have put hyfax on the inside edge of each cooler from the crossover tube to the front of the tunnel with no problems. I just pre-drilled the holes in the tunnel to make sure I was always in a safe spot and then drilled the holes for the hyfax after that. I had a few hits on the tunnel from a previous failed attempt at protection, but have not noticed anything new with the current setup. 450+ screws and no problems in two years. I will try to post some pics this weekend.

T

TG230

Jan 12, 2008
Anamosa Iowa
thanks for info actually just finished installing protectors . your help was greatly appreciated thanks again!:face-icon-small-win

Ztiggi

Lifetime Membership
Sep 28, 2010
Norway
Does anybody of you have front cooler (around the driver wheels)?

any ideas how to protect that front cooler on my vertical edge?

going to install koldkutter screws on top of the paddles

Premium Features