• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Accessory wiring questions

P
Dec 15, 2018
I bought a heated bag for my ski boots. It wants me to run a wire from accessory plug by oil tank under gas tank back to back. My question is can I just wire it in at the battery at the back and bypass the long wire? It will be in plugged most of the time and is a plug in to work no on off switch. Will that cause a constant draw? I can follow directions but it seems like a lot of wire to go where I need to go. I can put a heavy in line fuse from auto parts store in line? I dunno but I wanna be sure I don’t do something stupid and start a fire lol. Thanks if you know!

ratlover

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 6, 2021
Central IL
Guessing reason for accessory wire is so it only is hot when sled is running? If you wire directly to battery easy to forget and kill your battery because any time its plugged in it will be a draw and working. Yes, good idea to wire in a fuse close to battery if you go that direction.

P
Dec 15, 2018
Thanks. Just fyi if you get a hot and shredded heated boot bag lol. The accessory wire is behind the oil tank and then you gotta finagle the gas tank and run the supplied cord back and under. Also the large mopro will not fit on the 154 without ditching the under seat bad . Bummer it held a lot of stuff. Also of note, the fuel cell is lighter when it’s emptier lol. Thanks

J
Jul 21, 2022
USA
I bought a heated bag for my ski boots. It wants me to run a wire from accessory plug by oil tank under gas tank back to back. My question is Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox can I just wire it in at the battery at the back and bypass the long wire? It will be in plugged most of the time and is a plug in to work no on off switch. Will that cause a constant draw? I can follow directions but it seems like a lot of wire to go where I need to go. I can put a heavy in line fuse from auto parts store in line? I dunno but I wanna be sure I don’t do something stupid and start a fire lol. Thanks if you know!
you may need to check some fuses

Premium Features