• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Spare Thumb throttle with no heater

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
I cracked the throttle lever this Saturday and while I was able to tie it back together, I won't be able to replace it until Monday.

They're not cheap at $100 a pop so before I go buying 2 so I can have a backup, I figured I would check if there were any low priced alternatives without a heater to get me to the trailer or through a weekend. There seem to be some universal options but tough to tell what fits

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
Update if someone searches for this:

I found a SP1 replacement lever part number SM-08854 for $34. This fits a 2016 AXYS RMK. From what I was able to gather, the throttle block didnt change from 2016 so the change in throttle lever part numbers thru the years is likely due to changes in electrical connectors etc. Ill be ripping out the electricals once I get it so this seems like the cheapest way to a replacement lever to keep in the tunnel bag

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
That is something I’ve never thought about as keeping as a spare part. Now, on the other hand, I always keep a TSS bypass on hand if it’s not installed on my sled or for a fellow rider in the group. The bypass has saved me from a very long tow.

Premium Features