• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowest Silber Pro Group Buy

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
NO Aerocharger. Still using an Automotive ballbearing turbo

Kawrgn
If you read the thread it has already been answered :face-icon-small-dis

Last time i spoke with Justin we were at 4 .. since then sounds like more guys have sent out deposits.
Fire em out!

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
gotta keep secrets so they dont get copied by the other turbo kit suppliers. cant wait to see whats in store for next year

1404cat

Jan 25, 2010
Why does you web site say $3700, and it says $4600 on here? Just asking.

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
Why does you web site say $3700, and it says $4600 on here? Just asking.

3700 is the price of the 11 kit with th old components.. 4600 would be the price of the upgraded components... Also I believe the 11 kit EXCLUDED clutch kit an gauges ($500) .. The 12 snowcheck price includes clutching and gauges... So after it's all said and done there's minimal difference..
But the snowcheck price is $4000 which is a better price than last years (assuming you bought clutch kit/guages) and you also get the added benefits of upgraded components for 12.
So at 4g the 12 kit is a better deal than last year if you ask me.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Kawrgn
If you read the thread it has already been answered :face-icon-small-dis

Last time i spoke with Justin we were at 4 .. since then sounds like more guys have sent out deposits.
Fire em out!

PHEWWWWWWWW was getting scared!!!!thought justin was loosing it!!!

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
gotta keep secrets so they dont get copied by the other turbo kit suppliers. cant wait to see whats in store for next year

So those same people that will copy him will just wait an extra 6 months to copy vs copying now, not much difference imho.

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Its right on his website how he avoids the oil. Runs water and coolant through to cool the turbo/oil. Therefore i am presuming an intercooler is a must on this kit. Could be way off, but from what i read thats what i gathered.

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
Its right on his website how he avoids the oil. Runs water and coolant through to cool the turbo/oil. Therefore i am presuming an intercooler is a must on this kit. Could be way off, but from what i read thats what i gathered.

I think you are slightly off base on your thinking. In fact I'd say its a very high probability that this kit will have no intercooler...In fact Silber made the comment in another thread how: "its amazing how well the Pro runs at 12psi with no intercooler".

Where do you see on his website saying that he avoids the oil?

C

csam17

May 25, 2011
Intercooler and all the unknowns

I for one am very interested in this "new kit". However I am not interested in committing to anything until I know for certain what I am committing to, all trade secrets and conspiracy theory aside. I've never heard of asking for $$ for something that is going to be revolutionary and a game changer without knowing what that is. I've rode the Silber and Boondocker kits. Reeds are definitely a problem, especially at higher boost levels because it increases charge tube temps. As soon as you increase those temps for an extended period of time you will definitely trash your reeds. As far as I can tell this proposed Silber kit is the best value for the money. Again its tough to say though because I don't know exactly what I'm buying. Right now it looks like the OVS kit might be worth the extra money because I know I'm getting an intercooler and they are addressing the higher charge temps. OVS is also putting on a tial external waste gate which allows the garrett 2871 to spool quicker. Would love to get further clarification without all the speculation. Just my two cents for the time being...

B

bigbull

Jan 21, 2005
Spokane, WA
www.bigbullinc.com
I am a dealer for 2 stroke turbo kits from the main manufacturers for the past few years, excluding Silber. If you are an old head on Snowest, you know I have been in the 2stroke turbo game since fuel injection became prevalent on sleds. The industry has came along way with the technology since then. Silber's positive reputation on all areas of product and customer service, and value, are reaching through this limited market more and more each day. While I know the answers to your questions regarding Silber's kit, I feel it is not a prudent business decision nor will it keep your prices low here, to give away all the secrets you have developed in your product through tons of time and $ spent, just to be copied by someone else before you even release it. HOWEVER, you can trust that what you will be getting here is virtually untouchable for the cost he is selling this at. And the technology he will be introducing will match the ease of installation and fit and finish of his projects and make your turbo experience much more user friendly. I am ordering my first kit through this group buy to help contribute to the best price possible on the Snowest Group prebuy, and then will use that sled as a demo in my shop to presell many more. Don't wait, the deal is unbeatable. That's my opinion.
BB

jr2000

Premium Member
Dec 19, 2007
Has anybody had a chance to compare silbers kit to the OVS kit?

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
The OVS kit is kinda an unknown as well. No production kits on the snow yet. They have testing kits. I think its gonna be sweat though. Great compnents, but $6850, ouch. I called OVS 1 1/2 months ago and they told me they already had 45 paid in full kits pre ordered(that was 1.5 months ago) with a delivery date of September 1st.:face-icon-small-sho

allied1

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
SE ND
Now it's 12. Just sent mine in. I want 2 but I would like to try one set up first. Hope Justin will honor the discount price for a second unit in December!

Premium Features