• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowcheck Turbo No-Shows?

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
Apparently my turbo is still at least two weeks out. Nothing like that special ski doo feeling of being one of the first ones to throw money down and 8 months later no sled. Obviously the world is ending so it’s not their fault. Good thing the border is closed and i can’t get to Revy anyways or I would probably be melting.....

Can’t wait to hear how it holds up to you thrashing it! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I’ve bought quite a few sleds from the same dealer, I90 Motorsports, and they REALLY take care of me. Especially in service. I def expect some level of preferential treatment too. Maybe you should find a better dealer.
Covid isn’t the excuse for everything but that has messed with every industry. Especially the fun ones, I couldn’t believe how many people were on the lakes or in the mountains this summer.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Apparently my turbo is still at least two weeks out. Nothing like that special ski doo feeling of being one of the first ones to throw money down and 8 months later no sled. Obviously the world is ending so it’s not their fault. Good thing the border is closed and i can’t get to Revy anyways or I would probably be melting.....

No S/N issued for you yet?

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
I would assume there is a sled S\N with my name on it. The first wave went through my dealer already and they have been waiting for the second wave for over a month. How they decide who gets first pick I don’t know.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Like I said, location. Altitude gets them first due to the expectation of early snow. People have been riding here for weeks.

2014xm

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
Like I said, location. Altitude gets them first due to the expectation of early snow. People have been riding here for weeks.
Don’t think altitude has much to do with it. Dealers pick when they want sleds and some dealers usually get them before others for other reasons. Normally my dealer gets them early October for people who pick theirs up right away but mine will be in next week not sure what took so long this year. Live in northwest Wyoming and have seen lower elevation places getting them a month ago.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Don’t think altitude has much to do with it. Dealers pick when they want sleds and some dealers usually get them before others for other reasons. Normally my dealer gets them early October for people who pick theirs up right away but mine will be in next week not sure what took so long this year. Live in northwest Wyoming and have seen lower elevation places getting them a month ago.
Ok. What I posted is fact. Dealers do NOT pick when they get sleds. Snocheck dates do not matter, I always check on the last day or late, and my first one got here in October. IN GENERAL BRP sends Summits to high elevation places where they can be used first. They are not going to elevation check every dealership in every state. Maybe high volume dealers get them first, but prolly not. The two I got last year I picked up in late December, so why would they send my two new ones in October by your reasoning?

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
We got 3 here all on different dates. Ordered them the same day last spring. 1st one came Last week of Oct, mine came Nov. 12 and 3rd came the week after. Mine all black 165, the other two were gray/red 165.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Could be Polaris. Heard today that they have been posting fake ship dates so that they don't have to pay the $500 rebate for late shipping. Post a ship date that keeps them out of having to pay the $500, but takes 3 weeks for the sled to show up? BS. But just hearsay, I get it. Ish. My bud is waiting for his Khaos still. Hope it shows up with shocks.......

snosumitcsr

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Trout Lake Washington
Buddy has been waiting for his Khaos. First they told him ship Dec 15, now they say 18th and it will be shipped without shocks. lol. Wonder if Polaris will warranty damage to sled if ridden without shocks

F
Jan 11, 2011
My dealer received several extra. He said the snow checks were down due to COVID bit SkiDoo had planned on producing a normal amount and they offered him 5 more. He took them all And had three of them still. The Fun Center, Durango CO
I ordered two 165 expert turbo's , one came in december and the other one still hasn't arrived and I was just told end of january if I'm lucky, I order every other year and spent probably over 150k with BRP IN LAST THREE YEARS on everything and still cant get both my sleds for my son and I, our season will be over here in two months. This is total ****!!!!!!!!!!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
As of tomorrow I will no longer be waiting…
31d04213002022802c81a67f6790bc64.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features