• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SNOW!!!

doodah

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2008
Fremont Wisconsin
Looks like michigans getting hit all week! if the temps stay cool enough hopefully we can be running the backcountry on the opener! whoever is pleasing mother nature out there keep up the good work!!! hahahahaha

cmill9

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Elk River
Anyone got solid info on snow conditions after this week??? Northern mn got about a foot over last week... I figure the u.p. Should have gotten double that or better...

zblink

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Mi
i came back to houghton from thanksgiving on the 27 and there was just over a foot and today (sunday) the temp got up to 40 so we lost a bit of it i don't know what this upcoming week will bring

D
Dec 8, 2008
I hate how no one ever updates the UP snow conditions. I cant even find a decent website to get info. In the past I used upsnowmobiling.com, but here it is a week into december and not a single report for the western UP. If anyone goes....please let us know. I will be going a couple of times this winter and will definently let people know what I see. Trails opened on the 1st i quess-and i know they have some snow-but im quessing its not worth writing about yet.

doodah

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2008
Fremont Wisconsin
As far as I know the trails are open and packed. If your go to michigan for trails then id say go for it, they have been getting lake effect snow periodically hopefully the wind stays in the rite directinon the lake effect should pile up. i would wait to do any backcountry riding for atleast another week or so. I plan on giving it two weeks before i even attempt to do any boondocking.

Finnlandr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 21, 2009
Parts Unknown
trails are open but not that good yet around Ironwood & Wakefield.....doodah is right about backcountry riding....give it another 2 weeks......they have gotten some good snow today though......getting reports of around a foot today in some areas.....hope this helps.

Trevor83T

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2008
Southeast MN
I hate how no one ever updates the UP snow conditions. I cant even find a decent website to get info. In the past I used upsnowmobiling.com, but here it is a week into december and not a single report for the western UP. If anyone goes....please let us know. I will be going a couple of times this winter and will definently let people know what I see. Trails opened on the 1st i quess-and i know they have some snow-but im quessing its not worth writing about yet.

Try www.johndee.com, he has good forecasts, snowcover maps, and trail cameras from all around the western U.P.

L

liv2mx

Oct 5, 2009
michigan and in the west
30 inches in paradise.gaylord has a foot, west side lower.as of today, about 5 to 6 inches.
need some base before i do any decent boondocking. the snow belts in the U.P. are calling lake effect all week.should be good by the weekend or first of the week.

S
Oct 6, 2010
I live in Ironwood MI, went for a quick ride last night. Trails are now groomed and packed, lots of lake effect snow has fallen in past three days. Area should be ready for decent boondocking by the weekend.

Ski_Bum_81

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca

This is what we use. http://www.berglandbaybar.com/

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Just got back from the Keweenaw this afternoon

Rode everything from Houghton northbound. The trails were so-so on Friday but the groomers did a really good job with them on Saturday. I think they pulled snow from the sides and really made nice ribbons on the trails ( I was actually very impressed with how quickly they got the trails fixed up by Saturday with little new snow to work with). The new detour from Copper City to Mohawk is rough, little snow on this new trail....passable for sure just rough.

The off-trail was really limited to just logging roads, although we found some good snow with a decent base in one of our secret spots north of Mohawk :) When we got north of Lac Labelle and hit the logging roads it was thin; maybe 6 inches of fresh snow on a really thin ice base.

This morning (Sunday) we probably had 6-8 inches of fresh snow on the ground and it was still coming down. It will certainly help

More snow is definitly needed for off-trail riding

John

Premium Features