• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

slp's performance kit for m7

B
Dec 21, 2006
Here is what I have seen for a really good running kit. Bikeman Y-pipe and pipe, stock can, V-force III reeds, Black Diamond Airbox, and Attitude Industries EFI controller. I have not heard or seen much success with anybody's twin pipes. Now I have not seen one with the porting and that might make the difference.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Lake Tapps, Wa
I have SLP twins on my m7 and really like them. Tuning was not that hard, I have the Boondocker box which I prefer for more tunability and you can set different fuel maps. Last year with the stock pipe my buddy's xp beat me in a drag and about even on the hill. This year with the twins I can woop him in a race and usually on the hill too. If you are starting from scratch I would look into an 800 big bore, about the same price and much more gain and potential for improvement. I'm debating on goin big or just porting mine now as well.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Lake Tapps, Wa
No coat just painted. It has a RKT cut head too. Haven't had the bog (knock on wood) throughout the rpm range. They do make alot of heat under the hood. With the boondocker box I have 3 maps, one for road riding, and the other 2 are for general riding and climbing. The only issue so far is that I think it is getting too hot for the stock cooling system. After about 3 or 4 hard runs at a hill it will start to bog real bad and pull the motor down. Open the hood and let things cool for a few and runs like a raped ape again. Might be time for a mesh hood.

B
Dec 21, 2006
I had this bog issue also. Could never get rid of it. Went to the single, no problems since. Good luck, I hope you have better luck than I did.

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Just put the RKT 800 kit in it with a speedwerx pipe for a good 170hp.

Premium Features