• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled wont start for me.....sometimes

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
this is a very common problem with these boosted cats......and has made me almost give it up

what to do:
- let it idle for at least 15secs before you shut it off

what to do when it wont start:
1- turn the kill switch to on (so it wont start)
2- pull the cord 3 times
3- now turn the kill switch off (ready to run)
4- now hold and throttle down (WOT) and pull the cord, it usually starts the very first time, feather the throttle a bit to keep it running.....this is working very well for me

i dont use the temp bypass sensor anymore:beer;

Last edited:
J

jensen

Feb 27, 2008
Casper, Wyoming
Resetting Temp. sensor switch

With aftermarket by-pass switch:
Turn the temp. sensor bypass switch off(do not give it gas) pull it over till it pops, usually 1-3 pulls. Then turn the temp. sensor bypass switch back on hold it wide open and it should start first or second pull every time.

Without by-pass switch:
Unplug the temp. sensor pull over sled till it pops(1-3 pulls usually). Plug the sensor back in hold the throttle wide open should start first or second pull.

Sounds like what hatchers is doing is working to reset the temp. sensor also i'll have to give it a try this weekend and hopefully next install I won't need the switch anymore.

1500psi

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
07 m1000

Mine used to do that and it was stock.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
X2

With aftermarket by-pass switch:
Turn the temp. sensor bypass switch off(do not give it gas) pull it over till it pops, usually 1-3 pulls. Then turn the temp. sensor bypass switch back on hold it wide open and it should start first or second pull every time.

this is what works for me , every time

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
yesterday -I forgot the proper sequence-brain fart

and did it backwards, turned switch off, held throttle to full, and pulled 3-4 times
Flooded the sled big time- DOH- so pay attention

Premium Features