• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

skinz airframe hood

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
Has anybody got a nice full size pic of an mseries with the skinz air frame on it? This is the only aftermarket hood I'm cosidering for my new m1000. I need some peer pressure so does anybody have em (big Pics if U can). I cant stand the look of the mesh hoods the ylook out of shape and unfinished to me. Thanks in advance...............

SM2009-0464.jpg

T
Nov 29, 2007
Wuhan, WA
Alright so i didn't get any pictures up because my M1000 currently stands for m1000 pieces. Just wanted to put some pictures up to show what the hood looks like mocked up on the sled. I've been waiting for my parts to come back for almost four weeks. Hopefully things will be coming in so i can get it all thrown together and get a couple pictures up for you guys of what it actually looks like.
S7300245.jpg

S7300246.jpg

S7300250.jpg

S7300249.jpg

S7300255.jpg

The hood comes in three pieces so they are able to ship it in a much smaller package and save money there. You then have to drill and rivet it together yourself.

Last edited:
T
Nov 29, 2007
Wuhan, WA
S7300247.jpg

The back of this mesh hood still seems to be the same of the other mesh hoods. Why can't anyone fab up a mesh hood that will actually seal off in the back as well? Or atleast leave some extra material that you can fold over and snap off to close off the open areas.
S7300248.jpg

S7300251.jpg

This is one area of the hood that has me worried. Where it is nice to have the hinge, i'm afraid that there will be holes here that snow will be able to get in when you're pushing in snow that's over the hood. I can't tell for sure right now though since it isn't mounted up.
S7300253.jpg

This is a heads up for anyone that is looking at buying this hood that wants to still use the stock intake. You can't. I tried putting this hood on my m7 just to see what it would look like but the stock airbox hits the hood. Skinz supplies this mesh box that you put in place of your stock airbox on the snorkel part. You have to cut off the stock snorkel and glue this one on. This doesn't bother me because i am running a BDX Black boxx, but just thought i'd put this in for everyone else that is thinking of getting the hood.

L
Mar 14, 2008
Edgewood , Wa
Wal-mart hoods

I've seen this same thing sold at wal-mart , They call them a umbrella there and you can pick one up for around 6 bucks , They fold over the front of your sled and look just like the air frame hoods .

B

brendan ross

Dec 1, 2007
pine pass area b.c. canada
Has anybody got a nice full size pic of an mseries with the skinz air frame on it? This is the only aftermarket hood I'm cosidering for my new m1000. I need some peer pressure so does anybody have em (big Pics if U can). I cant stand the look of the mesh hoods the ylook out of shape and unfinished to me. Thanks in advance...............

you took the words out of my mouth and which one of your sleds is the back up or do you no that yet lol

Premium Features