• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skid issue - WTF?

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
After busting down some ridiculously rough trails, my 08 M8 stock skid starting acting funny. Best I can describe it is feels like something is hitting something else and I can feel it strongly throughout the running boards. The more I paid attention to it, the more it feels like it does it on the rebound. Almost like the shock is slamming from compressed to fully extended extra hard.

I've pulled the skid and looked everything over and don't see anything wrong. Are they all like this and I just didn't notice it at first? Sure feels like somethings wrong though when I'm on a rough trail. Just waiting for something to bind up and break. Can't see anything out of wack though.

ideas?

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
Have you had it revalved?

AC used a low grade fox shock on the 2008 float skid and the nitrogen doesn't flow fast enough to recover with the sled (too small of holes in the bushing) . Any fox rebuilder can put the new (bigger holes) bushing that will work a lot better.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Newfoundland
A buddy had the exact same problem on his 08 M8. Turns out it was a blown rear shock. Sled had less than 400 easy miles. My zero pro shock has lasted 5000 miles in comparison.

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
A buddy had the exact same problem on his 08 M8. Turns out it was a blown rear shock. Sled had less than 400 easy miles. My zero pro shock has lasted 5000 miles in comparison.

The float shock or the other one?

I can't push the float down by hand with the skid out. It seems like it's okay. The front shock still has resistance, but I can compress it fairly easily by hand.

Premium Features