• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber Turbo Axys Lessons Learned

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Gotcha! Yup my scrap looks like your bigger piece, maybe I'll go a tad more.

You ride yours yet?
Just took a few hot laps around the field. No more flutter/chatter from the turbo. Just one succinct psssshh everytime you cut throttle. Significant improvement in throttle response, like NA responsiveness, maybe even better cause turbo stays spooled? It's snappy I'll say that.

Pretty surprised this isn't more popular given all the threads on turbo lag, lack of responsiveness etc. Also idk why Silber would leave this much performance on the table.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Was your recirc valve opening at all
Before you cut it ?
I would imagine so, considering that I could hear the normal "turbo flutter" evertime I was on-off the throttle.

Now that i think about it, I kinda wonder if it was just baaarely opening..... not sure.

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Got 150 good mountain miles in Cooke City this weekend. This spring mod worked well. Way better throttle response. No more "confusing the turbo" when on/off the throttle in the trees.

kmg

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2012
Got 150 good mountain miles in Cooke City this weekend. This spring mod worked well. Way better throttle response. No more "confusing the turbo" when on/off the throttle in the trees.

Awesome I'm leaving for Hahn's peak Friday. I cut some more off my spring and took it for a burn. Was fairly easy on it as I'm at 1000' but zero flutter when getting choppy on the throttle, trying to make it happen

06 Dragon

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
Central Alberta
Any updates on how this spring modification is working? I am thinking about trying it out on my new to me sled. 2018 axys 174 X 3" with silber turbo.
Just picked it up. 403 km on it. I am taking it for its madin voyage for me this weekend. Previous owner has it dialed in very well. Just wondering if the spring mod will make a difference?

Premium Features