• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber Turbo Axys 800 5500 RPM'S

A
Nov 18, 2019
I have a silber turbo axys 800. Sled is a 2016. The whole sled has about 200 miles on it. I was riding it a couple days ago around 1000'. I could manage to keep it around 8k rpm and not hit DET. It went into DET mode 3 times. I shut the sled off and restarted it after each one. I was running 91 octane with no ethanol at 3 psi. Stop at a gas station and didn't realize it but I put in 91 octane with 10% ethanol. After that the sled started bogging and acted as if it had no power. It would only pull 5500 rpm. I have a trip out west in 3 weeks so I would like to figure this out.

Things I have checked/changed

New plugs
Exhaust valve cable is working and so is the servo
Primary spring isn't broke
Relays are good

Could it just have been the bad gas that retarded the timing? I'm new to these sleds so I am not sure. If it is bad gas, can I just get it out and put good stuff through it and it'll clear up? Is the ecu in limp mode? The ecu is reflashed for the turbo. Could I have bad power valves already at 200 miles? Do they break or just stick? I read something about exhaust valve relays, but they aren't on that cross piece above the Y-Pipe so I am not sure where to look for them. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

alstar

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
North of Duluth, MN
We just had a similar issue happen, found a wire was worn through in the bag on top of the clutch cover. It was shorting out. We could wiggle the wires and get the check engine light to go on and off. Take a look in the bag and hopefully that will be your problem as well.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Before you dig too deep I would always recommend bypassing the TSS on these sleds.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
TSS- Throttle Safety Switch

Its built into your throttle block/lever. If you mess with your throttle lever you’ll notice there is some “play” where the throttle lever connects to the block... There is a momentary switch inside of the block there that gets pressed with normal throttle application and allows the sled to operate at full/normal rpm. If theres is snow or ice wedged in the throttle that switch will not be pressed and the sled rpm will be limited. Its a safety feature to prevent run away sleds from ice/snow build up. Sometimes that switch will go bad or ice/snow will get in the block and cause problems. We have seen all sorts of issues in our group from the switches going bad. Sleds wont start. Random bogs. Limited rpm. Its pretty much become the first thing I check when we have any sort of issue. Have had 3 sleds in the last 2 years with bad switches.

You’ll have to buy a bypass from a member here... LoudHandle and Perk come to mind. You just unplug the connector under the hood and plug the bypass in and you are done. Its recommended you have(and wear) a tether if you are running a bypass.

A
Nov 18, 2019
TSS- Throttle Safety Switch

Its built into your throttle block/lever. If you mess with your throttle lever you’ll notice there is some “play” where the throttle lever connects to the block... There is a momentary switch inside of the block there that gets pressed with normal throttle application and allows the sled to operate at full/normal rpm. If theres is snow or ice wedged in the throttle that switch will not be pressed and the sled rpm will be limited. Its a safety feature to prevent run away sleds from ice/snow build up. Sometimes that switch will go bad or ice/snow will get in the block and cause problems. We have seen all sorts of issues in our group from the switches going bad. Sleds wont start. Random bogs. Limited rpm. Its pretty much become the first thing I check when we have any sort of issue. Have had 3 sleds in the last 2 years with bad switches.

You’ll have to buy a bypass from a member here... LoudHandle and Perk come to mind. You just unplug the connector under the hood and plug the bypass in and you are done. Its recommended you have(and wear) a tether if you are running a bypass.

I just went out by the sled to take a look at that. I noticed that if I push the throttle down and give it throttle, it’ll go up to 6500 rpm. But if I don’t, it’ll stay around 5600.

Premium Features