• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Servo Motor Bracket

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
How many others have had the servo motor bracket crack on their Ascender sleds? I noticed mine is cracked on my 2021 in about 700 miles. It got a zip tie on it end of last season. Went to order a new one for this year (pn 0708-687) and it's $130 for a small plate and two studs! Seems to be the price for the 800 trail models too. 600s use a much cheaper part at $22, but the servo motor is a different part number too so I don't know if it would fit. Might have to look at building my own that will last. The one on my Proclimb has made it almost 3000 hard miles.

C
Sep 19, 2010
Found the servo motor bracket cracking with around the same mileage on a 2021. Was not willing to pay that price either assuming it will crack as well. Cut out and shaped some thicker aluminum that dropped in and around the raised edges from where it is stamped out. Then had it tig welded in.

J
Jul 21, 2022
USA
How many others have had the servo motor bracket crack on their Ascender sleds? I noticed mine is cracked on my 2021 in about 700 miles. It got a zip tie on it end of last season. Went to order a new one for this year (pn 0708-687) and it's $130 for a small plate and two studs! Seems to snaptube vidmate be the price for the 800 trail models too. 600s use a much cheaper part at $22, but the servo motor is a different part number too so I don't know if it would fit. Might have to look at building my own that will last. The one on my Proclimb has made it almost 3000 hard miles.
is it a common problem in the ascender ?

CRJPilot

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2008
Farmington, MN
Yes very common problem on new ascenders, Ive personally had 3 crack on 2020+ machines with 150-700 miles. Had them replaced under warrant, during install I added a third rivet to help secure it. I doubt it will help. It really needs thicker gauge material. Best advice would be to plate over it with more material and tig it.

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
Just spin the actuator to remove cables.
Ok, so there is decent tension on cables. So, put like an adjustable wrench on that hex shaped pulley, turn counterclockwise, enough to get slack to pull cables out of individual slots, sound right?

Should have had warranty do it but like was mentioned, this bracket is too thin and would just crack again. Gonna beef it up with another layer.

Big storm hitting the Sierras this weekend, need to get it finished up asap as I already am into it with bracket rivets off crossmember.

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
Yes. It's going to feel like unwinding or working against the motor because you are but it will reset itself when you start the sled again. While you are in there verify the cables are the correct length.

Premium Features