• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

retractable wheel kits for 2021 Freeride Turbo( DS3-E skis ) ???

P
Dec 5, 2021
Lake Tahoe
i'll probably get a truck and a sled deck next year. i think running a sled on the top of my 4runner would be pretty unstable.....it already has pretty bad handling. And getting a trailer up my driveway in the winter would probably require winching it up the incline in some sort of a track system, or a flying trailer.

R
Nov 16, 2016
There’s too many reasons to not run in “dry” conditions.
It’s like designing a boat that flys to get it to the lake.

Well said!

Years ago I heard a man ask a tech to tell him what the best ice scratchers were.
The tech said; if you think that you need ice scratchers, stay home that day.

............... the flat surface of the tunnel does not have enough surface area to exchange heat with the air, and thus counts mostly on snow contact.
heat sinks create more surface area to exchange heat with airflow, even though they aren't 'flow through', they are (sometimes) contact only: https://tinyurl.com/y8mu8b52
(i know i know, watercooled evaporative closed loop systems, etc, exist)

Technically speaking, these are "liquid" cooled engines (i.e., ethylene glycol/H20 mix).

P
Dec 5, 2021
Lake Tahoe
>>>The tech said; if you think that you need ice scratchers, stay home that day.

i can't recall the exact reference / footnoting, but the point was, well 'experts' may have specific information, they should never be in charge of systems / plans because they lack a grasp of the larger picture. In any case, Tahoe is supposed to get 2-10 feet in the next couple of days. i remain unconcerned. don't forget to like and subscribe !

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
good points guys. I'll have to figure the trailer situation out. eventually i'll get a truck and sled deck, but not this year. I didn't expect the track to be as soft as it is. it must wear like mad on anything but soft snow. anyway, I picked it up yesterday before the snow here in Tahoe. If anyone in the area wants to show me the ropes, hit me up. i'm in Stateline, upper Kingsbury.
Tahoe as in lake Tahoe Ca ... Go to the California forum and ask TRACKMAN to give youa tour

Premium Features