• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Replace track `07 M8 Power Claw

R
Nov 30, 2007
Ok, guys.
I`m considering replacing my stock challenger track to a Power Claw.
For those of you who has replaced your stock challenger for a Power Claw, what duro did you choose, 80 or 90, and why?

Thanks

C

CuzzinOlaf

Dec 12, 2007
Ok, guys.
I`m considering replacing my stock challenger track to a Power Claw.
For those of you who has replaced your stock challenger for a Power Claw, what duro did you choose, 80 or 90, and why?

Thanks

Duro?

J

JasonAK

Dec 5, 2007
80 duro. Why? Because in Alaska we have light dry snow most of the season and the 90 is not avail. in a 162. The track is much better than the stock 07 challanger.

Jason

J
Jan 1, 2008
Eastern Or.
I replaced my stock challenger on my 07 m8 153 with the 80 duro PC. At first I was not overly impressed with it but the more I ride it the more I find myself liking it. It does not trench nearly as bad as the stock track. When climbing with the challeger I had to turn out when things started to slow down, it seemed that once I lost my momentum I was done climbing. With the PC it seems like I can keep creeping up the hill. Once I loose my momentum the track keeps pulling the sled at a slower speed instead of just digging a big trench. Another thing that I have found is that if I am starting to get stuck, most of the time I can get out by rocking the sled from side to side and pinning it, were with the stock challenger I would have been burried in a bigger whole had I done that. It also side hills pretty dang nice.

So to answer your question yes it seems to be a better track. Is it worth the money? yeah I think so.

fixit

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Mountain City, NV
Duro

I liked the performance of the Power Claw that came on my wifes '09 M8 LE. So I went with that durometer on my M1000 and Turbo. It rocks when there is a base, but I feel that the challanger is a better deep powder track. Just my experience and .02! The HCR comes with the stiffer durometer, and I believe it will not perform as well in the powder! I'm not certain on that one! I do know from experience that the finger track was not a good powder track and the Attack 20 was among the best powder tracks. The Power Claw looks like a mix between a finger track and the Attack20. It doesn't brake as well as my Challenger. I have compared both tracks in different conditions all year long.
Good luck!

C

CuzzinOlaf

Dec 12, 2007
Stiffness!

That is what I thought. I have the non-HCR PC and love it. It frayed on the ends but I just singed the stands and its been good ever since. It seems to hook up and get me out of places my Challenger would have gotten stuck. If I could do it all over again I wouldn't hesitate.

B
Dec 21, 2006
80Duro. It works better than the Challenger. I had reservations of how good this track is based on A20 experience. I shouldn't have waited as long as I did. It works well.

Premium Features