• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

rear skid

M

Mcx Nytro

Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
I am looking into either an M8 or 1000 with boost. Around the 230-275 hp. What skid would work the best:D:D:D on the rough trails in and on the steep accents and descent:eek:s. Looking for lighter weights of course but that takes back seat to reliability;):beer;:beer; 162"maybe tunneled what turns your crank without squeezing the pocketbook.....Thanks for the help...Might just be coming back from T-Nytro to lightweight boost...any input appreciated,,,,Terry

Black Nytro MCX 004.jpg Black Nytro MCX 001.jpg Black Nytro MCX 005.jpg Black Nytro MCX 006.jpg Black Nytro MCX 014.jpg Black Nytro MCX 015.jpg Copy of Black Nytro MCX 011.jpg

Last edited:
R
Sep 22, 2008
IDAHO
I have an 07 1000 modified with a 162 power claw, and i could not keep the skis on the snow. It also road terrible in rough conditions. I bought a "kmod 2" suspension. I have never had a snowmachine ride so well. When i climb the track is always on the snow so i always have more traction than the other guys. It weighed 10 lbs. Less than my stock suspension. I road the machine appr. 700 miles absolutly zero problems.:) absolutly the best money i have ever spent on a snowmoblie modification. Be glad to talk to you about it if you have any questions.
Ps kmod owner - kevin - was really easy to work with, i've never met anyone who savies snowmachines as well as he does.

M

Mcx Nytro

Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
Do they have a website? I know absolutely nothing about the cats skid. All i remember is when the M7 came out. I heard EVERYONE gripe about the terrible ride on rough trails. I am getting too old for that. So where can I see one??????Terry

KMOD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Firth
kmodsnowmobileparts.com
Do they have a website? I know absolutely nothing about the cats skid. All i remember is when the M7 came out. I heard EVERYONE gripe about the terrible ride on rough trails. I am getting too old for that. So where can I see one??????Terry

Getting really close on valving and very impressed with the evol shock, it has adjustable dampening and dual adjustable air chambers.
Here are some pics of different sleds, all with the KMOD Gen ll, the web site only shows the Gen l.
Thanks Kevin

Gen ll Nytro.jpg Gen ll XP.jpg Kmod gen ll polaris 006.jpg Rear Gen ll Danny.jpg 925 turbo vll.jpg

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
KMOD,

I'm very interested in the Evol Gen ll set up for my M8. How much travel does the M rear gain with the Gen ll installed. It looks like its jacked up in the rear 3-4"s.??? Do you get more ski pressure because of this lift? I need less ski pressure as it is now. Also, do you revalve front shocks?

M
Apr 29, 2009
blackfoot idaho
I am a new member to the forum. But read it often. I noticed your ad wanting info on a new skid. I am fortunate enough to have a kmod gen2 proto type in my m1000 turbo. Before it was installed the front end would wheelie up in your face and be kinda hard to control and it rode hard in the bumps. But since installing the new skid the front stays down going up hill to just above the snow and just rails. It rides like all the trails are groomed now. I would highly recommend this skid to any one.
Just one suggestion order the helmet kit. It consists of 2-rear view mirrors. (to see your friends)

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
Will the stock snowpro Floats fit it?

I ask Kevin about help for the stock float skid (am unemployed and cannot afford a new skid) from AC on my turbo to help keep the front down and improve the transfer. He said he is werking on a transfer block system and will update when he has done some more testing.

KMOD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Firth
kmodsnowmobileparts.com
KMOD,

I'm very interested in the Evol Gen ll set up for my M8. How much travel does the M rear gain with the Gen ll installed. It looks like its jacked up in the rear 3-4"s.??? Do you get more ski pressure because of this lift? I need less ski pressure as it is now. Also, do you revalve front shocks?

I haven't measured exactly but on the bench the ride height should increase about 1.5'' which is all travel, the Nytro is a little more than that but I have a way to adjust the ride height if needed.
On all the sleds we have installed we usually end up lengthening the straps out to get the ski presure right, not to heavy at all.
The beauty of this skid is it rides very good and still keeps the front end down, and with the Evol shock there are 2 air chambers to adjust, dampening adjustment, and still have the coupling bocks if needed.
It is very adjustable and very easy to adjust on the hill.
The Nytro with MCE turbo at 16lb in heavy corn snow road very nice all day but when he went through a wash and climbed a steep and long hill on the other side it stayed very flat and just railed up the hill.
Have a good ride and still stay flat with the skis just above the snow going up hill with boost.

Haven't tested with 153 track yet and don't know if it will fit without some custom rails??? and also can't make it fit on 08 rails all the holes are in the wrong place, but the 09 rails I have custom plugs made and the 07 rails we just drill new holes.
On the M Cats we have tested with the stock front arm and the Gen ll in the rear, it works as good as long as the front rail shock is lengthend and longer straps, may be an option for less money.

All skids fit in the stock mounting brackets and holes.
Thanks Kevin

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
I am putting together a full report post on this skid (Gen1) that I have had for a couple weeks. Ill post it in the Yam section, but to paraphrase IT FLAT ROCKS!:)

Premium Features