• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rail mounted OEM scratchers on Assault, where?

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
When I bought the Assault I got a pair of Polaris rail scratchers with it, I didnt bother putting them in because I had a set of wire scratchers. Now however i have lost one of the wire scratchers and need to put the Polaris ones in to be able to ride the trails around here.

Anyone put the Polaris rail scratchers on their Assault?? Just spent a coupple of minutes holding the scratcher and looking at the skid and I'm not able to see where to bolt them in?????

Any tips? Pictures would be nice.

Thanx / Simon

K

krat

Jul 30, 2008
Montreal, Qc, Canada
scratchers from a 09 assault...
krat
100_1332.jpg

A

ak49er

Dec 10, 2008
Big Lake, AK
Lose the front bogies, and install there, or measure and mark, and install them between your existing bogie set.

I used to pull my up and onto the rail for stowage, but know they are so bent up, I hang them on the torsion spring down runner.

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
I would not reccommend taking off your front bogies. I took mine off to install my scratchers and after 300 miles, the hyfax were worn down past the indicator line where the wheels used to be. I put the wheels back on and moved the scratchers back and now I have about 700 miles on the hyfax and they are like new.

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
Perfect. Thanx all of you!!!!!!

Are these scratchers working ok? What happends if you leave terra firma for a little bit, (our trails are really rough at times), and have the scratchers down? Do they spin aound and break when landing?

Last edited:

HOLZ

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jul 24, 2008
In every picture here, the scratchers are not installed correctly
#1. They are all mounted too far back to even do any good. Ideal mounting is where the front boggie is.
#2. The little "hook" just forward of the bolt/mount is not supposed to rest on top of the rail. You need to drill a new hole in the rail straight forward from where the the scratcher is mounted. There is WAY too much tension on those springs.

Scratchermount.jpg

A

ak49er

Dec 10, 2008
Big Lake, AK
OK, that is a better Mr. Holz shows.

I do have 1400+ miles on my Assault, with that heinously thick lugged track.

I ride whatever is in front of me to get me to the mtns.

I have pulled all outer and inner bogies and only left the rear two, and top two idlers.

I always run with my scratchers down(Polaris style, spring type) , jump, carve, jib, glide, roll, crash, tip, and rip, and even backed up many times.

They are beat but have lasted.

My wife managed to break one in half...she is special...

My Hyfax are near worn, but I plan on only about five hundred more miles tops this season.

They are after all wear parts no matter how nice you treat them.

I pulled my bogies , 'cuz i think it looks cool.

I can get a better weight savings however just by having a stiff cup of coffee and the morning paper if you catch my wiff.

Enjoy the outdoors.

'49er out.

Premium Features