• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

racers edge solutoin for rear skid is finally here!!

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
$2000 for
-Double Adjustable Coil Over Shock
-Chromoly swing arm
-billet brackets
-UHMN slider blocks
-Aluminum tunnel stiffener's
-Stainless Steel hardward
-Aluminum cross shaft

Too much money!
The racer's edge m10 may work slightly better than a timbersled but compare the product if racer's edge was selling the mountian tamer they would price it at $4000

$1700 timbersled

Same thing that went through my mind.

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Same thing that went through my mind.

2085 for your timbersled suspension after exchange this morning. to have a coupled suspension like racer's edge that will keep your front end down in the deep, and boon dock with the best of them and handle the roughest trails with ease, take your pick.

Sheriff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Olds, Alberta
I have 1200 miles on my timbersled. No complaints!!

Timbersled approx same price, lose 30+ lbs, great to keep the front down, different rails, shocks, and all aluminum shafts. Good service.

If you are any good with math go figure yourself!!!

I don't think Noob is saying that the Timbersled skid is crap...He is just letting everyone know that there is an aftermarket alternative to the M-10...Now everbody get along.:rolleyes::face-icon-small-dis

Sheriff.

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I don't think Noob is saying that the Timbersled skid is crap...He is just letting everyone know that there is an aftermarket alternative to the M-10...Now everbody get along.:rolleyes::face-icon-small-dis

Sheriff.

no kidding. some touchy people here. KC Boost, take a cold shower and settle down buddy. Don't think I ever said the racers edge setup was lighter then the mt tamer, and last time I did the math with the exchange rate the mt tamer came out more expensive. So I stand corrected.lmao

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
I looked at that M10 alternative this weekend at puyallup and I like the idea, but the cost is way too much for what you get. Also I dont see any adjustments for transfer on that set up either (on the trail). So its not really an alternative in my book. I like the idea, of a bolt on m10 alternative, but it needs more adjustability in the transfer blocks( size) and being able to adjust the bottum of the rear shock to change your ride. Do that and you will give m10 some competition.

I

IRONMAN

Nov 26, 2007
I have 1200 miles on my timbersled. No complaints!!

Timbersled approx same price, lose 30+ lbs, great to keep the front down, different rails, shocks, and all aluminum shafts. Good service.

If you are any good with math go figure yourself!!!

Great to keep the front end down?? I agree with all you are saying except that. Good skid but it certainly does not keep the front end down if your on a boosted yami.
Good idea racers edge has, a little adjustment on the bottom of the rear shock and it looks real good. To me from looking at it, it would do a good job of keeping the skis down just mite ride a little rough without the adjustable rear shock, JMO.

S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
Compared to the stock skid, the Mtn Tamer does a great job for a reasonable amount of money and drops 30lbs to boot. Ran it all last season and just bought another one.

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Compared to the stock skid, the Mtn Tamer does a great job for a reasonable amount of money and drops 30lbs to boot. Ran it all last season and just bought another one.

I agree, it's better then stock suspension as an option. some might think the same about baker's setup. I'm running it this year and it should be good.

Kc boost, I have/had a timbersled on my sled. It's not like I never used it and gave my .02 like half the guys replying on these topics about it being the greatest thing invented.

S
Nov 26, 2007
FU
no kidding. some touchy people here. KC Boost, take a cold shower and settle down buddy. Don't think I ever said the racers edge setup was lighter then the mt tamer, and last time I did the math with the exchange rate the mt tamer came out more expensive. So I stand corrected.lmao

haha. gotta love SW. If you are only worried about weight don't buy a yammi

Sweet set up. I have the timbersled and have no complaints. My next project i will try kmod or maybe this.

D

DARKO

Nov 21, 2007
Kelowna, BC.
Eh Noob, Got Bib ?

141187121v1240x240frontfi5.jpg

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
I'm running it this year and it should be good.

Hey Noob can you even keep track of what your riding.......lmao...."well I looked at it and now I am going to change it" hahaha.....seen that setup at Bakers shop looked very interesting......

Premium Features