• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Question on bdx belt deflector

M
Oct 11, 2008
Im looking at one on BDX site looks like you get the adjuster and a alan screw never seen one what can I eliminate from stock setup how does it work and install

D

Desperado

Nov 29, 2007
New Meadows
In my view the vented bolt provided by BDX is to short. I've had mine back out a couple different times even after I re-torqued it to 32lb per spec. I also had a buddy with a BDX adjuster get stuck in the clutch he couldn't get it out ended up cutting off the end to remove it. He called BDX on this issue, they were aware of it and I belive explained some of their machined adjusters were having thread binding problems. Funny thing is they never offered to replace his adjuster. I ran mine for a couple rides and took it back out. I also was having problems with the threads binding but I was able to get it back out. For those two reasons I went back to the stock setup. Real easy to loosen the bolt and add or remove a shim for belt deflection, it's also a snap to change a belt. For the 20bucks I don't think it was worth it.

M
Nov 23, 2008
Vancouver, wash
I put one on my 06 m7 put a little lube on the threads never have had a problem. I bought the tool also sure makes it easy to change the belt. Dont have to loosen anything just screw the tool on with fingers and turn the handle.

Premium Features