• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Powdercoating a tunnel??????

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Those links were simply for information on the TYPE III process and definately not a recommendation for who to send them to.

Check out Pioneer
www.pioneermetal.com/

As well as looking in the nearest metropolitan areas yellow pages under "metal finishing"

PLUS Google "metal finishing" "anodizing" etc and make some calls....

F-Bomb Racing/Better Boards would be a top notch choice if you go the Pow Coat route.

M

MNIQR

Feb 28, 2006
MH the only downfall to hard coat and regular anno is it will sun fade over time. Hard coat is better that the Type 2 but will still do it if its stored outside. It will take along time with just riding exposure to the sun
Just some food for thought.
Yes i am a machinist and we do alot of annodizing of our parts.

R

racerjb

Nov 26, 2007
Portland, OR
www.cobemotorsports.com
Just for reference, I did my rails in hardcoat ano type III, class 2 in black for $75 plus a couple little parts I threw into the batch. They are holding up strong and are not even showing a mark from the ice scratchers.

I am with MH, that it would be awesome to have a hard anodized tunnel!

BTW, I hear the Fastrax is working on some carbon fiber tunnels sides which might be a cool option and improve snow shedding.

Premium Features