• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Porting a new Power claw

T

tar

Nov 26, 2007
Sumas WA
I may be all wet, but I decided to go ahead and port my new Power Claw. I based this, in part, on Ski Doo factory porting their single ply Challenger track. Additionally, I have ported several tracks with two 1 1/4" holes down the center with very good success.

My reasoning for just two is, less is better when it comes to porting and this combo has worked for me in getting rid of snow. I feel by using a template and drilling each hole in the same location in each section, as it relates to the other sections, minimizes excessive stretching associated with too many holes. The track is 15" wide, by placing the holes in the same location only compromises an additional 2 1/2" of the track. If one considers the single ply webbing in the track as a continuation around the track, then it would stand to reason that any single hole placed in the track would weaken that band section around the entire track. Placing holes in the same band plain minimizes track compromising. This is my opinion anyway. :rolleyes:

HPIM0097.jpg

HPIM0098.jpg

I think porting a track makes it a huge cheese grater. More snow goes in than out. Just my thoughts from what I have seen over the years.

ride safe
Tar.

Speeedracer

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2006
Kanasas
Anyone ported the outside of a powerclaw?

What about 1/4 ports in the bases of the lugs?

How are these ported Claws holding up after some miles??

Premium Features