• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris TPS setup question

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
I have a question regarding setup of the throttle position sensor (part #3131591) which is used on virtually every Polaris CFI sled. When setting the voltages should I expect the voltage to remain fairly stable when tightening the screws? I have one which will jump by .02 volts with no perceptible movement of the actual sensor. Baseline setup is .70 plus or minus .01 volts so according to that it jumps out of that range. I don't think this is normal but wanted a second opinion from those who have actually setup the unit. Anyone else ever run into this problem? Sensors are $240 here so I am hesitant to buy one just on spec.

NapaMatt

Matryx 850 Pow Slayer!
Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2009
Stewartville, MN
www.napaonline.com
That's pretty normal..

Getting it set right.. takes some practice.. knowing that its going to change and how much is half the battle..

Some times it takes getting the screws half tight then bumping the sensor in to place and triple checking it after it tight

Premium Features