• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris does it again......

L

LongTrack

Nov 26, 2007
For the third time now my 08 D8 goes down. I have 504 miles since the last piston/head update was done. Piston skirt broke, wrecked head, cylinder, crank and 2 large holes in block. Dealer can't get covered, customer service won't do anything, left messages with DSM. Don't know what to do now......
Ticked off. Our family has 2 Polaris watercrafts, 4 4wheelers, 1 ranger and 8 Polaris snowmobiles and dont mean sh*t to them......

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Is it still running high coolant temps in the midrange? I think maybe that is where people are finding the solution.

L

LongTrack

Nov 26, 2007
was running great and went all of a sudden, no warning signs, perfect temps, smooth and silk. Sure screwed up trip to mountains, went down in first hour of riding.

L

LongTrack

Nov 26, 2007
We dont have that in our state. Sucks bigtime. Extended warranty for the snowchecks went out on Dec. 29th. Engine warranty for the updated motor went out on Dec. 9th. Like I said, 504 miles and done again...

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
Fix it, send it down the road, take the huge loss and never buy Polaris again. I just lost a skirt on my "updated" pistons with around 600 miles on them. The sled only has 1600. It's going to cost me 2k just to fix it. Case, top end, crank gone though, cylinder repaired, and gaskets. I suggest going with either Wiesco pistons or the MTK Kit. Quit buying the *$%#ed up Polaris parts and send them a message with your wallet. My .02

L

LongTrack

Nov 26, 2007
Thats the point where I am at right now. Total BS. I was told about the aft. piston kit. Longer pistons, cylinders, Etc. but I dont know if i can go through it again. Fed UPPPPPPPP

M
Nov 22, 2010
N lake Tahoe.
indeep.... super dave2 told me i should ask you about your thoughts on carls cylinder porting. Im running 2010 Assault w/slp intake, single Pipe $ can, heel clicker clutch kit. and the compression doesn't feel right. Is it worth it to port it or will i just blow up my sled?

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
I bought my sled with the porting already done so I really can't give a good opinion. IMO If you still have warranty leave it stock cause your going to need it. I just don't feel there's much longevity to these motors with all their issues. i.e. electrical and top end. The motors have been out since 08 and very few people have over 2K miles w/o some issues. Probably not what ya want to hear but it's my .02

Premium Features