• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

One Cylinder over fueling,any ideas???

E

ESCAPE TIME

Dec 8, 2003
Lethbridge, AB
I did a compression test on both sides,they were at 115psi each.I checked reeds and replaced them while I had them apart,they were slightly worn,but not to bad,I also had a code for the exhaust sensor,so it was also replaced.I'm going to swap out ecu with another sled and try that,and I may drop my fuel pressure down to 37 or 38psi from 40-41,but one step at a time.
Does anyone know if the ecu pins can get corroed(can they be cleaned up??),I did get the ecu wet prior to the pistons being replaced,I screwed up and didn't electrode grease my plugs on the ecu and was running a diamond S hood in 4' of powder when it finally got too wet on the third day!!! I should have been a little smarter I guess? Any suggestions along the way will be considered,Thanks ET.

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I dont know alot about turbos so maybe I should shut up but did you try ajusting your pure logic box for the boost setting?Maybe have it come on a little later or check to see if the pin for the injector plug is bent or loose just a thought it sounds like its either flooding it because the box is telling it you need more fuel for the turbo or one injector plug is not making a good contact

E

ESCAPE TIME

Dec 8, 2003
Lethbridge, AB
It seems like an injector issue or a ecu issue,I'm going to swap injectors and see if the problem follows the wires or the injector????I,ve checked the wires in the injector plugs and all looks ok...

catsclimbtrees

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2009
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Escape, I would have them check the exaust sensor again, maybe you got a faulty one. I know there are no codes now, but I had the same exact issue and all I did was get the 2nd update and they changed out my exaust probe. And my issues went away. Oh, they did also put a jumper on the ECU, it was an update for the '07's to fix some b.s. codes that used to come up. Have you had the first ECU update?

catsclimbtrees

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2009
Sherwood Park, Alberta
I had it done at CC cycle in Westlock, he did it right there on his computer. I think most all the dealers can do it in their shop now. Mine ran great for a year and then another dealer flashed it and didn't tell me, I had never ending grief after that! But now I have the latest flash, it runs good. I still don't have it quite dialed in yet, but it is running way better.

Dec 11, 2007
Rigby ID.
If You Dont Want To Mess With Exhaust Sensor & The Cost If You Are Running Race Fuel In Time It Will Take The Sensors Out So Go To Radio Shack
And Buy A 450 Ohm Resistor Or 475 Omh & Cut The Wires To The Sensor & Leave The Sensor In The Pipe & Solder In The Resistor To To Wires In The Plug In. Then Get A Piece Of Duct Tape & Put The Resistor On The Tape &
Put A Big Dobb Of Silicone On The Resistor & Let It Dry Then Fold The Tape
Over It & Plug It In Problem With Pipe Sensor Gone!:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;

E

ESCAPE TIME

Dec 8, 2003
Lethbridge, AB
Thanks 9.90 Camero, I happen to have an old exhaust sensor,so I guess it cant hurt.If I try it and my problem goes away, then right on!!

Premium Features