• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New to the sport

Y
Sep 23, 2009
I'm looking to get a sled this year, hopefully at the Puyallup convention. My friends are telling me I need a track 160 or less and should get a 700 or above. I've ridden dirt bikes growing up but I'm pretty clueless when it comes to sleds. I tend to be a more aggressive rider and would prefer a machine that handles well and can maneuver in wooded areas. Any recommendations?

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I'm looking to get a sled this year, hopefully at the Puyallup convention. My friends are telling me I need a track 160 or less and should get a 700 or above. I've ridden dirt bikes growing up but I'm pretty clueless when it comes to sleds. I tend to be a more aggressive rider and would prefer a machine that handles well and can maneuver in wooded areas. Any recommendations?

Where will you ride? What are the riding conditions?

Define specifically your riding style .... do you still ride a dirt bike doing 90MPH jumps and see how fast you can go in the woods on unknown terrain?

Premium Features