• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New m-8 hp

R
Jan 26, 2009
Spokane, WA
Arctic cat used to have suzuki motors, and now cat came out with their own motor. Also they have just figured out how to tune a their sleds very well. 160 hp baby!

-polaris rider wishing he had a cat

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Arctic cat used to have suzuki motors, and now cat came out with their own motor. Also they have just figured out how to tune a their sleds very well. 160 hp baby!

What are you smoking

C
Mar 13, 2008
MT
they went to a high-compression H.O. motor for '10. The only other thing they changed as far as the engine goes is adding a lightweight crank to save on some weight.

SaberKitty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2006
Foothills of Grosse Gelb

Um...Almost as funny as my first reply.

The real answer - New exhaust pipe, manifold, resonator and lightweight crankshaft.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
They added blinkers, and put in some high performance blinker fluid, then they added a kevlar muffler belt, and lubed up the throttle cable, and added a turbo to all of their 2 stroke sleds with an 8 year full coverage warranty.

Jk, Lightweight crank, newly designed pistons, all new exhaust system, and some other stuff.

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
New reeds, Double flow type, Lighter crank, Kinda pork choppy like the 900 Polaris, Hope it balances out well? Different porting, compression, and redesigned pistons. Y pipe like aftermarket and Pipe to go with. New mapping and injectors what else could you ask for "Reliability" The engine that was tested was a prototype, Probably put together by hand, Basically blueprinted! On average I would guess 158 BHP. That should get ya down the trail in a whiskers length of any other 800!

Mike

Last edited:

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
so what it'll do fur ya

after talking to several test riders............the real plus is the lighter crank letting the egine pick rev's faster which gets the sled up on the powder snow faster. More hp is good and ok..........but some of the big hp slow rev'n sleds are real poor for jumping up on the loose snow.

That's the one draw back to all the current 4 strokes....170 hp is good and 240 is more hp. but a 240 hp trench is still a trench.

offtrail

Lifetime Membership
Man saberkitty you have some stellar info. Somebody asks for some info on something new and nothing but sarcasm from you. Now I know that he could've went to the search engine and brought up this exact topic and been far better off than the info you gave. wtf. grow up.

S
Aug 20, 2008
North Idaho
The new engine rips . . Vohk says the new larger fuel injectors will allow for more boost in the new RTR's They have a new non-restrictive Y-pipe. The new seat is a POS. We had a large dude in the group from texas that was spending alot of time sitting on the back of it, and smashed the seat down. Plus it's just plain ugly IMO. I am very impressed with the 2010 M's, enough to prompt me to jump ship again:D

M

Mcx Nytro

Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
after talking to several test riders............the real plus is the lighter crank letting the egine pick rev's faster which gets the sled up on the powder snow faster. More hp is good and ok..........but some of the big hp slow rev'n sleds are real poor for jumping up on the loose snow.

That's the one draw back to all the current 4 strokes....170 hp is good and 240 is more hp. but a 240 hp trench is still a trench.

Its fairly obvious that you have never ridden a 240 hp trencher for any length of time.:(,where all the other N/A sleds are digging out the boosted sleds are just getting on the power(no need up to that point). I had the nytro with all the trimmings:eek: I got stuck once:D in 2700 kms(I hit the kill switch accidentally:eek:).Try one before you bash one.:mad: I am looking to go to a lighter sled,the money spent on the nytro:eek:still only got it down to 595 full. I think a T-1000 on ave gas with a twisted turbo will make 290 hp and I can get that down to about 535 when I'm done :D:D:D:D

Premium Features