• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New changed Artic Cat skull Logo

Shwinecat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Milbank, SD
Just wondering if anyone else has issue with Artic Cats new changed Cat logo. Removed ears and whiskers and went to a new Satanic Skull look. I have spent thousands in Artic Cat clothing. Everyone in my family of four has a ton of artic cat clothing. My children are young and I refused to have them wear skulls on clothing. This is not the image I want to portray to my kids and I am suprised artic cat wants to promote this new image. We wear our clothing everywhere and the thought of going to church or family functions with skulls on our clothing is not the kind of image I want to portray. I am not trying to sound like a holy roller, but I am going to have to go away from their line of clothing if this is the image they want for artic cat.

SaberKitty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2006
Foothills of Grosse Gelb
Yep, the new skull is gay. Seems AC's marketing department is going after the energy drink crowd. FYI to marketing - The energy drink crowd hasn't been riding Arctic Cat sleds for nearly 40 years like me and I paid more in taxes this past year than they'll make in two years.

Market to those with the disposable income...It's not rocket science, it's mad pow disease. :D

Anxiously awaiting the 2012, 50th anniversary, all black mountain sled... :)

SaberKitty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2006
Foothills of Grosse Gelb
On a positive note, I'm a big fan of the aircat and 2004-ish generation head.

4299-712.jpg
thumb-4802633.jpg

Shwinecat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Milbank, SD
The 2004 Arctic Cat logo looks like a cat, not a skull with fangs. I really liked the look and was proud to wear it. This was a discussion at the last snowmobile club meeting. There was no one over the age of twenty that is a fan of the new look. Apparently, Arctic Cat thinks the twenty year olds have all the cash. It's just really disheartening to me to see them go down this path. If they want to sell to that growd I could understand having a product line for that crowd but, why change the whole logo?

boone

Premium Member
May 27, 2007
Crazytown!!
I agree. I hate the new look. Bought HMK gear this year instead. They will get my business back when the change to a better logo.

Boone

S
Not disagreeing with it being tacky but...

Let me guess, you people had hot pink and green jacket from the early 90's?

And it's a skull that's offending you now?

:face-icon-small-con

We wear our clothing everywhere and the thought of going to church or family functions with skulls on our clothing is not the kind of image I want to portray. I am not trying to sound like a holy roller, but I am going to have to go away from their line of clothing if this is the image they want for artic cat.

If by "church" you don't mean a mountain top on sunday morning, then yes, you do sound like a holy roller. :D

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I'm not a cat guy...so take this with a grain of salt.

I highly respect your thoughts on the image that the skulls represent to you and your family. It's great to see someone taking charge of what their kids wear these days.

I can see that the skull logo would not have the family appeal... but in a 83 page catalog... I see a very small amount, about 16 of the items, have the skll logo...
In all the catagories lots of "non skull" choices to be had so you should still be covered for the family wear. I dont think Cat is changing their logo... just adding a new one for the "Monster engergy" crowd as said above.

I would write them a letter and let them know you are not happy with the new design, though.

Most of the stuff was along these lines
catkids.jpg

This is the skull logo on some of the wear.
catjersey.jpg

Last edited:
S
Dec 1, 2007
Norther Utah (Utard)
Arctic cat - long time rider not a fan of the skull - remember the basics okay, arctic cat is loud colors (lime green, flourescent orange.......)
the previous gen cat stuff = cool/good/sick etc this skull thing NOT.

try again

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Marketing Art / Draft personnel need to be called to a "meeting in the back office" and get smacked!

Previous logo worlds better. IMO

M
Dec 6, 2008
Doesnt matter how many skulls in the catalog if there is one it is too SATANIC for me to even consider looking at the any of their other clothing. I agree the new skull does suck.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Doesnt matter how many skulls in the catalog if there is one it is too SATANIC for me to even consider looking at the any of their other clothing. I agree the new skull does suck.

boy, it's a good thing you don't live in the real world...

Hope all is well in your cave, oh, sorry, your righteous cave.

It's a SKULL you tards, not an upside down crucifix, a pentagram or whatever the hell stupid satinist types think is their "god" today.

Come out of the religiocave & join the rest of us. It's ugly, but just a skull!

S
Dec 6, 2007
boy, it's a good thing you don't live in the real world...

Hope all is well in your cave, oh, sorry, your righteous cave.

It's a SKULL you tards, not an upside down crucifix, a pentagram or whatever the hell stupid satinist types think is their "god" today.

Come out of the religiocave & join the rest of us. It's ugly, but just a skull!
a-men

Headrush

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
This is exactly why I wear Klim.

A/C gear is ugly and always has been, it really doesn;t matter which decade it involves.

Premium Features