• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need Montana Hunting Advise (Elk)

tjcatman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Greenville Ca.
I know it is a long shot but I'm hoping to find some Montana hunters on here that can help me out. Yes I am from California but am from the northern non-communist part of California. I have hunted elk in Idaho for the last 30 years but this year I did not get a tag. Idaho sucks for out of state folks since they went to their special draw. Any way, I have a Montana general elk tag and am looking to go near the Hamilton area as I have a friend that has a place for me to park my trailer there. I will be going for Archery elk than back in October if I don't find a bull during the archery season. Any advice or areas would be greatly appreciated. Not asking for a secret spot or anything just someplace where a hard working hunter might see some elk. Also I pack. I don't use horses or other livestock and don't hunt off of an atv from the road. Thanks in advance.

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
If I had any advice I’d for sure give you some. But I’ve never hunted Montana. I like your hunting style so good luck. I’ve heard with this heatwave it might be quite the challenge. I see your from Greenville. I’m right over the mountain in Janesville for now. We’re moving to Cody. Can’t wait to become a resident hunter in WY.

Premium Features