• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MY DREAM PRO RMK... 365 lbs... SUPERLEGGERA

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
I was speaking more in terms of the market being large enough to justify a manufacturer making 20k sleds. theirs not the demand for that

really how many 20 k sleds are there ? a couple hundred ?

I have a turbo pro and dont have that much in it. I learned with my 900 to stop pissing $$ money away on to many mods. Now I just buy a low milage one year old sled boost it till it breaks part out and repeat !:face-icon-small-coo

I agree totally. Where I live in Alberta, there are an unusually large number of lifted Ford & Dodge 1 ton diesels. Does that mean the manufacturers should be producing these at the factory ? Absolutely not, because, North America wide, these lifted trucks probably still number less than 1 in 5000. Why tool up a new line for a small specialty market ? Same applies to the sled market.

Sent from my iPad when I should be fishing.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Somewhere deep in BC, a weed grower has begun building this sled you just spec'd.

Maybe I'm daft but how would you use the Timbersled rear Skid with the C3 rails?

Ha....The hydro-farmer in BC...Maybe he'll let me ride it.

Not Daft... look carefully at the pic and you will see that the skid inside the rails is actually a Timbersled suspension. In Ti, with the hollow cross-shafts that skid would be in the 28 lb range as spec'd.

Looking at the comparitive weights... I'd spec out a set of ICE AGE Performance rails... very close to the same weight.

timber_1.jpg

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Matt, I think Polzin is on track... The factory tooling and assembly line mods alone would be prohibitive and potential sales from this would only account for, maybe, 2% of all the Mountain Sleds sold... from a business standpoint it wouldn't work for a publicly traded company that has to max profits for shareholders.

BUT... I agree, a mass produced version would be kick ***!!!

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
340# PRO RMK is a reality!

Matt, I think Polzin is on track... The factory tooling and assembly line mods alone would be prohibitive and potential sales from this would only account for, maybe, 2% of all the Mountain Sleds sold... from a business standpoint it wouldn't work for a publicly traded company that has to max profits for shareholders.

BUT... I agree, a mass produced version would be kick ***!!!

I'm not disagreeing with the ultimate profitability and total sales potential of a super sled, BUT I have heard from trusted sources in the Polaris camp that the Factory has made, with help from industry leaders in the Carbon Fiber Sled Parts scene, a 340# dry PRO RMK. Granted this is likely just an experiment to see just how light and strong a sled can be made and reinforces my gut feeling that a 400# wet sled is indeed possible. I still think there is a lot of weight in the drive system to be lost, but that isn't going to be nearly as cheap as the chassis savings. We can always hope it makes it to production 2014-2015?

Premium Features