• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MY DREAM PRO RMK... 365 lbs... SUPERLEGGERA

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Since your only at the $30k mark why not through in a Custom Titanium Single pipe and a Carbonsled cf muffler.. That ought to shave quite a few pounds for a couple grand. Ti exhaust is fairly common in most super bikes these days.

BTW, the slydog skis are about 1lb each heavier than the stock Grippers. In my opinion they do not handle very well on the Pro. However, I did like them on the IQ.

Yeah Yur just tinkering at anything less than 40k:face-icon-small-coo

heck MH I would have guessed you could build a sled like this from all those free parts!:face-icon-small-win

G

green_denali

Dec 14, 2009
Anchorage, AK
superleggara

What about adding a Silber turbo to the 685, the weight gain would be minimal, but the gain in power to weight ratio & track speed would be huge.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I had thought about a turbo... but that would not allow the "super light" goal to be reached... The CFi gear including the pump flange assy, oil injection, etc etc would make for almost a 20 lb difference PLUS the weight of the turbo/gear.

The lightweight turbo choice, if I went with a turbo, on a 600 would be the Aerocharger 53 that does not need an oil tank/pump assy...Hands down.

At a "dream level", for really light package (not as light as the 685 HO carbed) if I wanted big power.. I'd go for a PowerAddiction 1100 CC billet motor with carbs, a Ti single pipe

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
Now you've got me thinking. I've still got a FTX 1150 laying around that I might be able to shoe horn into a pro chassis, and I think they have an efi system that works with that set up now too. Lots of possibilities here.

t stone

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Bend, Or.
The only problem I see with this build is that as fast as these manufactures are making changes to one up each other this sled will be dated in a couple years. My sleds are pretty used up after a couple years. I guess if you had 40k to burn it would be a fun project for sure. I also say put a turbo on it. Whats another few thousand.

Stone

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
The only problem I see with this build is that as fast as these manufactures are making changes to one up each other this sled will be dated in a couple years. My sleds are pretty used up after a couple years. I guess if you had 40k to burn it would be a fun project for sure. I also say put a turbo on it. Whats another few thousand.

Stone

So True!!

Just one year later and there is a super simple Belt drive on this sukka, STOCK....with a light weight aluminum drive shaft STOCK...

I'd probably add a custom Wahl Ti jackshaft, And go with simple stock 2013 PRO Running boards...With PTFE Hard Anodized coating.

But, after seeing the Carls 685 (Carbs and pre-mix) in action last year... even MORE convinced that would the the power-plant for me!

And YES...Still Dreaming! :face-icon-small-ton:face-icon-small-ton

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
MH, While I disagree with your suspension choices and your choice of vendors. This is close to what I will be efforting in the next few years. Although by moulding the bulkhead, Bearing / Brake plate, gas tank, and body panels in CF also I believe I can hit 350# dry and close to the current stock weight wet (417#) even with a CFI engine. Time will tell and yes most of the one off parts will be manufactured by me.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
The sad thing is if the manufacturers would just build a cf sled it would cost half of what we would pay to build one. We basically throw away 80% of a sled to build one like this. If the factory built a cf chassis, tunnel, gas tank it would cost half(or less) what a small shop like C3 can do it for. CR rails would also be cheap if mass produced. They just don't think they can sell $20,000 sleds. Fools...

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Really? I look at the mod lists on peoples sigs and looks like 20K plus to me. Any new sled with a turbo and some suspension is a 20K sled. Yami guys blow by 20K practically all the time. Anybody who does a C3 carbon chassis is way over 20K. That looks like a pretty big market to me. You just have narrowed your view to yourself and your buddies most likely. Lots of people out there with money to burn so to speak and lots more who just somehow make it happen even though they don't have the money. That second group would spend even more if they could finance their mods or whole sled too. Who would have thought there was a market for the $1,500,000 sports car and now they are talking about the $5,000,000 sports car as going to happen very soon.

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
I quit counting at 20k, and two years ago if someone told me I would EVER have that kind of money into a sled I would have laughed. Mods are addicting, and add up fast. I think there's a certain chunk of the market that cringes at a 20k price tag, but once it is itemized and they realize their not spending less in a season if they buy it spread out its not so bad.

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
NICE !! yup 30 k easy, trust me I know, purple sled below has it all done to it. Sad part is its money down the drain other than the great fun riding it around. And its interesting to see how the percentage of weight dropped to the money spent has changed as the sleds get better and lighter. When my edge was built it was lightyears ahead of any stock sled, now for the same money you pick up a small advantage.....progress.
I weigh about 300 all geared up, by friend about 200 both of us on pros, not as much difference chasing each other around as you might think.

That is still a nice sled, sometimes I think we are just spoiled nowadays. Dont get me wrong I love my 12 Pro but when people have to buy a new sled every year just to have the latest iron, you gotta wonder.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Really? I look at the mod lists on peoples sigs and looks like 20K plus to me. Any new sled with a turbo and some suspension is a 20K sled. Yami guys blow by 20K practically all the time. Anybody who does a C3 carbon chassis is way over 20K. That looks like a pretty big market to me. You just have narrowed your view to yourself and your buddies most likely. Lots of people out there with money to burn so to speak and lots more who just somehow make it happen even though they don't have the money. That second group would spend even more if they could finance their mods or whole sled too. Who would have thought there was a market for the $1,500,000 sports car and now they are talking about the $5,000,000 sports car as going to happen very soon.

I was speaking more in terms of the market being large enough to justify a manufacturer making 20k sleds. theirs not the demand for that

really how many 20 k sleds are there ? a couple hundred ?

I have a turbo pro and dont have that much in it. I learned with my 900 to stop pissing $$ money away on to many mods. Now I just buy a low milage one year old sled boost it till it breaks part out and repeat !:face-icon-small-coo

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I was speaking more in terms of the market being large enough to justify a manufacturer making 20k sleds. theirs not the demand for that

really how many 20 k sleds are there ? a couple hundred ?

I agree...and being on a site like this it seems like "everyone" has a highly modded sled. The vast majority of snowmobile owners are not part of any internet forum and a site like this caters to the more "enthusiast" crowd.

A

ak49er

Dec 10, 2008
Big Lake, AK
Somewhere deep in BC, a weed grower has begun building this sled you just spec'd.

Maybe I'm daft but how would you use the Timbersled rear Skid with the C3 rails?

Premium Features