• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

msled drive in 1m

I was wondering if any body has put the drive system "diamond drive" in a 1m? aA friend has a recked m1000 and he said i could have the drive out of it. If any body has can they include pics of build and how hard was it?

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
I am in the process. I bought a sled that started as an 01 Sno Pro that a guy had already done most of the work of putting the diamond drive in. I changed the bulkhead to a 1m because the sno pro bulkhead motor mounts wouldn't fit a 900 engine. The driveshaft from the M sled will be too short, the M1000 tunnel is an inch narrower. I am using a ZR driveshaft to get one long enough, don't know how you will get one to fit the reverse diamond drive setup. The footwell on the clutch side will need some serious cutting and fitting to fit around the driven clutch and the motor/jackshaft mount on the clutch side will need some cutting too. I am not sure how you would go at cutting the mounting holes in the sides of the bulkhead for the drive and the brake and get them square. The guy who started the project I have came close but it is a little off. In short I am pretty sure it isn't worth it, If I had it to do over I'd have run the other direction from this thing.
I can send some pictures to an email address if you would like.

drive

Ya if you could i can have this one but sounds like a head ach. Mabe the belt drive would be easyer and mabe worth the money. Dont want to put alot of thing in to the motor and make it tempermental, like the fact that its a pull and go sled and want more power to the track

S
Nov 27, 2007
I have one I built built in 05. racin station sold me the template.(I think ) still use as a back up sled . pm me for whole sled.has carb turbo

Premium Features