• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mountain Sled Drags Butte MT Feb 12 & 13

B
Dec 6, 2007
Butte Montana
Mountain Sled Drags Butte MT Feb 12

Butte Depot Presents WinterFest 2011 (registration Friday 11th at the Depot)
Stock, Mod, & specialty classes... Racing at the Depot
Elan, Womens, Turbo, Kids, Vintage.
Call Josh @ 406-491-2476 or Rudy @ 406-491-3722 for Details.

Last edited:
B
Dec 6, 2007
Butte Montana
Update

This is shaping up pretty sweet. I checked out the track today. The City is dumping snow for the course. Lighting has been secured, so now the entire race will happen on Saturday finals running into the night. Swap meeters are welcome there is room inside and out. Call the Butte Depot for details. Post if you're comming.

Givemeaboost

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, MT
Lots of questions. How many feet you running? Flat or uphill (it's in Butte)? Are you taking off on snow or boards? Classes? Payout?

Ken.....

B
Dec 6, 2007
Butte Montana
Rules

We are trying to accomodate the "weekend riders." this is not a pro-sanctioned race so ISR rules will be loosely interpreted. Limited to 14 classes to get through the race in one day.

Stock 6, 7, 8, 1000 - Mod 6, 7, 8, 1000. Kids < 500fan, Ladies < 800, vintage pre-90's tracktion allowed, Open (no-rules), Turbo any cc's, Elan class 300cc.
(We are not doing Improver classes, so we are going to allow light weight cans, minor chassis changes like seat, skis, etc in stock)

Classes are $10 each. Pay out will be all entries back at 66% to 1st, 33% to 2nd. unless more than 10 show then we will pay 3rd. Local business are donating gift certificates in the $100.00 range & great prizes per class for 1st.

On friday we may add a class based on interest.
We have 20 feet of tracked Launch pad, 500 ft track, and plan to use a pro-tree.

Next week go to www.buttedepot.com for a complete list of rules location etc. This is right in town and is during the winterexpo in Butte.

Thanks for great questions.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
would sleds with mods like pipes, fuel boxes, suspensions be allowed in stock or do they go in the mod class?

B
Dec 6, 2007
Butte Montana
Mod--- Yes Pipes & chassis/suspension replacements are mod. Stock would be like an exhaust can, not a pipe or pipes. Porting, heads, pipes, chassis replacements, are mod. Stock is only trying to accomodate minor high altitude enhancements such as skiis, seat, can, air cleaners etc, since there is no improver class. We expect weekend warriors more that pros. We want to limit the amount of classes so we can get throught them all in one day. If its a big turn out, we'll get more formal next year.

B
Dec 6, 2007
Butte Montana
Accomodations

The Butte Comfort Inn has a "Butte Depot" rate of $59.00 if your comming from out of town and need a room. I'd call soon however. 406-494-8850. 2777 Harrison Ave. Its right off the interstate.

Givemeaboost

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, MT
Rudy, you're saying it will all be run on Sat. but montanasledder says in his post that it will be a two day event with the finals on Sun.Which is it ?Ken...

B
Dec 6, 2007
Butte Montana
One Race Day

Many people didnt want to burn an entire weekend racing so due to overwhelming response we are only racing Saturday. However, we expect the racing to continue into the evening, so we have a lighted raceway to replace Sunday's Venue.
Good news, you can turn down the boost on Sunday and ride in SWMT where we are having a banner snow year!

(the Drag is only one event at the depot, there is live music, as swap meet, Ski Jouring, Dogsled races, a Shriners polar plunge, and an all you can eat wing ding. So there will be plenty to do in Butte Fri, Sat & Sun)

B
Dec 6, 2007
Butte Montana
Thanks to Many

The Bozeman MT snowmobile club has supplied a sweet set of lights that give 60, 250 & 500ft speeds. THANK YOU! All local dealers & many Butte Businesses have stepped up to the plate to donate to racers... We have an awesome crew & a great crowd on their way.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
i think i figured out how to run like 20+ psi for a few runs, now if i can just get it to hit fast enough.. should be fun. its hits hard when i ran it like that on the hill. hopefully I can make it over, lookin to be a great time if everyone who is talkin about it shows.

MtSnodawg

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Butte, Mt.
Event time

Hey Rudy
What time are the festivities starting?? It doesn't say on the poster. I don't wanna be late!! Gonna be way too much fun to miss

Premium Features