• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8 with D&D Twins......

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
i know i have poasted this thread before but i want to see if anyone else has tried this set up and how are they making out with it. i unfortunatly have had only a few rides this year let alone after i installed my twins, boondocker, and ngk afr. but everytime i go out it seems to get better and better as i figure out how to tweak my non-reflashed original 07 fuel mapping. im running 70g weights a polaris blue primary spring(120-300). i wonder if i should throw a timing key in there. my overall sensus is that it pulls harder through the middle/top, sounds pretty good too.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
what elevation you at...i might be to low...2500-5000 ???..i thought about twins...probably cutlers but maybe d@d..whats the workmanship like on theirs..??

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
i ride the same elevation as you in northern bc. fit is not too bad, however re/re of the belt guard becomes a little bit of a trick and you have to relocate spare belt mounting or just slam it in the storage compartment. also have to relocate throttle cable to inside the bulkhead and or do some serious heat wrapping. overall not bad. i still have stock air induction and it hasent melted anything under the hood.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
well i have the mesh hood..works great ...clutches so so cool...i have bmp pipe now...i sure wonder about twins though...i just didn;t like d and d workmanship on their y pipes...but twins give alot more hp ...i have enough torque..man i want to try them

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
ya seems to mee like no-one wants to deal with twins for the most. sure they have little fit issues and are a little more to dial in but i thought someone else would be running this setup and wanna chat about it. guess im the guinny pig for now

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
I too was leary of the D&D fit and finis since I have always had SLP. But when I did the 1200 kit I wanted to use their pipe. It's a single but fit and finish is good. 700 miles no issues but it's a fatty and burnt up my spare $150 belt.

Premium Features