• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m8 turbos, why so many for sale?

offtrail

Lifetime Membership
I've been noticing in the swapmeet section lately that there are quite a few m8 turbos for sale and what I would say fairly reasonable prices. So what give? Are they a ticking timebomb? Do they just want a new project with a newer m sled? Just seems like a good deal but is it going to be a headache for the next guy?

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I think alot of guys buy a turbo thinking it will be this completely trouble free, super powerful, ultimate setup and have little experiance with tuning. The reality is it takes a competant tuner to dial them in and keep them running.....then there's the constant replacement of reeds, spark plugs, $9/gallon fuel, the constant worry of "will this pull be my last?". They do make power and can be alot of fun, but unless you run big boost a good running almost stock sled is more fun to ride, more reliable and just as fast. Now run over 10lbs of boost with a good setup and not much can touch them. JMO-

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
Not a time bomb

Take these into consideration-

1- lots of turbo builders get enjoyment out of building as well as riding and like to have a new project every year.

2- Turbo owners obviously enjoy sledding and aren't afraid of spending money to do it so a new sled every year is just a fact of life.

3- It is winding down to the end of season and people that want to snowcheck are hoping to get a sale now (while you can still test ride) as opposed to next fall.

4- The economy has to be affecting some and causing a few sales.

5- The m8t is a great sled but with the improvements this year into the m10t and m12t, people are moving up to bigger power.

6- The D8 from Polaris has proved to be a good machine and accepts the turbo very well which could be causing some die hard poo guys to convert back.

7- and I am sure there are reasons like new baby's, etc that play a part occasionally.

J
Nov 27, 2007
why so many for sale?

People are finding that they suck :) Clearly the whole boosted thing is a fad and will soon fade away like plaid polyester suits. There are no practical reasons to have one. All they do is go faster....????
(or they need a TM10 or 12)
Seriously though....not a time bomb if tuned correctly.
Some peeps just want to change because they can.
Some may have been in over their heads, but I'd guess that it a very small %.

B

b1dodge

Nov 26, 2007
utah
www.youtube.com
yes my 2600 mile 08 m8t 91 oct. maverick gas guzzling (1.69 gal) rocket sled was making a funny noise out in the shop a minute ago......tick tock tick tock .......i hope it makes it through the day tomorrow.:D:D:beer;:beer;:beer;

Premium Features