• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 running too Rich! Need advice

L
Oct 14, 2008
M7 is running too rich, almost 3/4 of a tank of oil to 1.5 tanks of fuel??? Plus 2 sets of plugs. Any feedback would help! Elevation between 5000-6500+-
Thanks

Griff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Take the time to get much more precise oil and fuel consumption data so you can calculate a reasonably accurate fuel:eek:il consumption ratio. Then you can think about adjusting your oil pump. I checked 3 tanks of fuel on my M7 and found a range of 20:1 to 24:1. I adjusted my oil pump and left it at 30:1 to 32:1. Others have been more aggressive in oil reduction, but I did not see the need to reduce it further.

R
Dec 5, 2007
many post on here about turning down oiling, do a search, most of them can use 3 to 5 turns, it's because arctic had a 4 year warranty offer on that sled, you sure don't hear about them burning down, but they drink oil as if we lived in saudi arabia

L
Oct 14, 2008
Thanks for the input guys! So the the throttle cable was off the wheel (Pulley). The same wheel(pulley) that the oiler arm is connected too. Not sure if that would cause the oiler to open up more???

Premium Features