• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 riders, I'm on the fence...

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Anyone with an M7 that was previously being beat by their buddies add a PowerClaw and all of a sudden yer doing way better against them / beating them now?? Found a great price on one, just not sure one is the best place for my money right now (bike season is almost here :D)
Thanks for any help guys.
Graham

B
Dec 21, 2006
I just replaced my stock track w/ a powerclaw on my 07' M8. It does hook up better. No joke. But here's the catch. It does take a different lean angle when climbing, boondocking, etc. The challenger would slide a little and you get used to compensating for it. The powerclaw does not slide nearly as much. You will find your sled coming around quicker than you expect it. Looking back, I am glad that I did it. You might want to contact MBMS on here. They have prices on those tracks that are unbelievable.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
I just replaced my stock track w/ a powerclaw on my 07' M8. It does hook up better. No joke. But here's the catch. It does take a different lean angle when climbing, boondocking, etc. The challenger would slide a little and you get used to compensating for it. The powerclaw does not slide nearly as much. You will find your sled coming around quicker than you expect it. Looking back, I am glad that I did it. You might want to contact MBMS on here. They have prices on those tracks that are unbelievable.

i agree about the hookin up and havin to re-figure out the sweet spot for manuevering 100%. actually on my first ride out with the p-claw i ended up rollin my sled about 20-30 feet down a tree covered hill that i climbed many time with the challenger. what happened was like you said, the challenger would spin a bit and help keep things under control, with the p-claw i hammered it to shoot up between the trees and it lifted the skis and launched, yup launched me right into one of the trees i was tryin to avoid and knocked me off the sled.

g-force heres a bit of a comparison for ya, my sleds a 153 and my bro rides a 162 chall. when i had a chall. climbing in deep snow he could always pull away from me in the deeper snow and usually get a few feet higher. but now i put the pclaw on in the deeper snow i can now atleast stick side by side with him on the 162 chall.. but on the harder or more setup snow i can kill him in a climb. there was one hill not to long but steep with a few inches of fluff on top of a good hard base and he could only get about 2/3 up it and i could go straight over. not much but its a comparison.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
yup pretty much what I'm looking for Vern, some real world "before and after" experiences :)
G.

Treebuster

Premium Member
Feb 14, 2009
I went from a challenger to a powerclaw on my 06 M7 153''. It hooks up way better than my dads 153''. In the powder I went places I wouldn't have even looked at last year. It's a cool feeling to able to go where people don't think you can.:rolleyes:
Any sleds I get in the future will definatly have one on them.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
from what ive seen in the 4 or 5 rides ive had mine, its a good investment. much better all around track than the stock chall. dont think you'd be dissapointed.:beer;

B
Dec 21, 2006
i agree about the hookin up and havin to re-figure out the sweet spot for manuevering 100%. actually on my first ride out with the p-claw i ended up rollin my sled about 20-30 feet down a tree covered hill that i climbed many time with the challenger. what happened was like you said, the challenger would spin a bit and help keep things under control, with the p-claw i hammered it to shoot up between the trees and it lifted the skis and launched, yup launched me right into one of the trees i was tryin to avoid and knocked me off the sled.

g-force heres a bit of a comparison for ya, my sleds a 153 and my bro rides a 162 chall. when i had a chall. climbing in deep snow he could always pull away from me in the deeper snow and usually get a few feet higher. but now i put the pclaw on in the deeper snow i can now atleast stick side by side with him on the 162 chall.. but on the harder or more setup snow i can kill him in a climb. there was one hill not to long but steep with a few inches of fluff on top of a good hard base and he could only get about 2/3 up it and i could go straight over. not much but its a comparison.

Just like me. 1st trip and the sled rolled over me. I found myself off the side of the sled the 1st two climbs. Take your time the first day to get it down. Don't pick the baddest hill to test it. Luckily for me I was only about 20' up the hill when the sled hooked to the the left. The snow wouldn't hold the sled and down it came.

Premium Features