• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 Clutching help needed.

L

luv2sledmt

Dec 15, 2008
C. Falls, MT
I need some help clutching my sled. Its a 06 M7 153, mostly in the trees and if i find a hill i hit it. Stock with a thing can and slp intake. Thanks for any advice.

S

superfast

Nov 26, 2007
Billings Montana
are you bone stock any mods torsion compression I would say you should be able to turn 68s quite easily at that elevation spring in primary depends on secondary I would say a orange white or a yellow white need more info

D

DusterB

Nov 26, 2007
B-Town MT
38* or 36* progressive helix (who's ever ie RKT or stock) Orange spring with SA. 10.4 sheeves if you can swing it. Play with the primary springs to get a feel of what engagement you like best - Gold is my preferred. Yellow/wht is not bad either.

S

superfast

Nov 26, 2007
Billings Montana
Run a orange in the secondary with shift assist and a 42 36 helix and the retainer ring turned in .5 inches with a screw in it so it does not back out cause they were prone to doing so. If you want to spend the money go with an rkt torsion setup with snopro green he will give you the correct helix but my guess would be a 34 and yes go with the 10.4 sheves if you can. In the primary I did not like the gold because it felt soft on the bottom adjust finish rate for correct rpms I would say probably a 275 or a 285

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
i've been tinkering with clutching on my m7 for the past two years and played with lots of different combos including a torsional kit. what i have now is by far the best setup i've ran. right now i have cutler adjustables set about 66.5gr with some loaded in the tip and the rest in the heel, stock yellow/white pri. spring, stock 36 degree helix with black/orange speedwerx sec. spring(140/270)(compression style) and S/A. i ride at 6-9000 ft so it may be a bit off from what you may need, probably just different weights would be the ticket.

i ran the cat orange sec. spring(175/280) most of the season but i felt it was just to stiff. it felt like it was hindering upshift and costing trackspeed. also i think it was a major cause to clutch heat in my primary from having to fight the stiff spring. my sled is stock with rkt modified stock head and also geared down 2 sizes so that may have some effect and is one thing i'd also recomend if its in the budget. my sled is awesome on and off the throttle in the trees and still pulls the hills great.

Last edited:
Premium Features