• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 clutch rollers.. can I replace?

H
Nov 16, 2008
I noticed one of my weights is super worn out cause my roller doesn't spin very well anymore. I was told by AC that i need to buy a whole new drive clutch and that they don't just sell rollers. Is this cause they don't pop out and you can't just replace rollers??

what options do I have.. I have read you can just get a new spider but a lot of people say that they blow up quite often if you do that..

Thanks!

I am in BC, anyone know where to get the cheapest parts??

Hi there. I just did my clutch on my m7. Same thing a roller messed up. It is true you cant just change the roller on those clutches. If your clutch is still all good. You have to buy and change the spider assembly(comes with rollers). It is around $225 dollars for one. Then you need a special tool to get the nut off to do it. So if you dont have that your looking at a dealer then. Probley 1-2 hours labour. 100 /hr........+ you will need new weights,about $30 each new So basically your looking at 500+ to fix yours. I got a new un calibrated off ebay. $250 mailed to my door step. With exchange was 330.+i got some good used weights for 35 bucks.I was up and running for $365. So i guess you have to do the math and decide what you wana do . I went with new one and have the old one for parts .....I got lucky and got a 8 1/2 inch one. The new replacment ones are 8 1/4. I think its just makes it easyer to get the belt off with the smaller one.........If your going to take the ring off the back of your old clutch to put on a new one. Make sure you use heat as there locktite in. It will make your life easy.

Good luck Darrell :beer;:beer;:beer;

H
Nov 16, 2008
wow, ya it is pretty much worth going new and keeping the old one for parts! I don't have that tool for the nut, so ya dealer it would be. The new assembly comes ready to pop on??

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
you will need to use your weights and spring if they are still good. i just got a brand new 08 m8 clutch at RVsports.com for 269.00 to put on my m7. it fit and from what i seen the only differance is the new one is only 8 1/4 like mentioned. oh and it has black bushings instead of brown ones, hopefully they are better than the stockers.

Yes it is ready to put on .Like Vern said. Just need to buy new weights if yours are no good,And put in your spring and you are on the trail. Im sure you know this but you will need a puller to get the clutch off the sled as well.

Premium Features