• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

P to the 22 roller bearing delete…..

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
So, maybe I missed it, ya know living under a rock somewhere…. 🤪

I haven’t heard a single peep about deleting the P-22 roller bearing until this video popped up on my youtube feed…. I mean, wouldn’t putting a p85 on be better? I guess, what pros might a P22 with the roller delete have over just putting on a tried and true P85?

You get to tension your own belt now, less heat generated on p22, what else!?

Oh, I also do find it a little amusing that the comments are turned off on the video. I mean, I can understand why, but they ain’t turned off on here😂😂

⬇️⬇️Kurts Polaris Roller Bearing Kit ⬇️⬇️

carbontj

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
indianapolis
watched the video...good idea...I am still not sure it will help with the clutch bolts loosening and our falling off...you still tighten to the sleeve then the spider, not to the fixed sheave to self....I like how they said tighten to 140ft lbs. been saying that for a couple years...I will be watching very closely to see if this helps....

Over budget

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 13, 2019
Centerville utah
Just a band aide, P-85 and be done with it.
Hell yeah just through another 1000.00 at it for the p-85. And that's if you do some of the swap out yourself. Im sick of being a lab rat for Polaris. I kinda think Polaris should pony up for a p-85 before the p-22 comes off in the back country damn near decapitates ya and you have buy a helicopter ride home. Im pissed off and poor.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
Hell yeah just through another 1000.00 at it for the p-85. And that's if you do some of the swap out yourself. Im sick of being a lab rat for Polaris. I kinda think Polaris should pony up for a p-85 before the p-22 comes off in the back country damn near decapitates ya and you have buy a helicopter ride home. Im pissed off and poor.
I get that it’s not something we should have to fix but I’ve been fixing Polaris screw ups for a few years now. I had to fix the Polaris ratchet track in 2021 added avid drivers and anti stab. I also got a dog of a 9R a year and a half later I got it running properly I also fixed the 2024 hyfax issue. My 2024 boost with low miles has been trouble free and with my 9R now running properly I decided to not play Polaris roulette this year so I didn’t snow check.

Madtown

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2008
Madison,WI
Interesting but I am going to slap a P85 on from TRS before I do this modification on a P22.

Last edited:
J
Dec 15, 2021
Victor
Call me skeptical but I don't see a slightly different OD mattering. If you want to "delete" the bearing, just add a set screw to the secondary and add deflection to the belt. There is next to no functional difference at this point. That said, having run turbos forever, I've always found the tighter your deflection, the better you get the entire system to perform.

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
No mention of any adjustment of the belt to sheave clearance on the primary. Still don’t see any ability to perform this important step on a p22

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
No mention of using a different belt either. They mention the smaller diameter so I guess your just going to run the belt really high on the secondary?

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Ya, all valid points for sure. Again, likely the reason for “no comments” on the video.

Maybe more information will come out soon.

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
I switched to the p85 which has a small diameter center shaft. Belt rides at the same level in the secondary as any other rmk with the factory p85.
Does the 9R and Boost with the P22 run the same belt as the 850 NA with the P85?

F
Dec 30, 2019
So the bearing diameter must not make a bit of difference unless the belt runs much higher in the secondary after proper belt deflection.

I think there would be some difference. With no adjuster, my belt runs a fair bit lower into the secondary than it would on a properly adjusted P85 setup. The belt also runs very tight with very little deflection. So with the bearing in, if I were to put in an adjuster, and adjust it to the usual P85 deflection, it would sit even lower in the secondary. I don’t think the difference is huge from a hearing standpoint and if I had to spend one more dime on a P22, I would just get a P85.

My 9R with P22:

image.jpg

Wife’s 850 with P85:

image.jpg

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
Thanks for the photos FT. In my opinion that belt height difference would make a significant difference in take off gearing.
At least I know it would if I were to run my belt that low in my 850.

F
Dec 30, 2019
Thanks for the photos FT. In my opinion that belt height difference would make a significant difference in take off gearing.
At least I know it would if I were to run my belt that low in my 850.

Maybe that has something to do with why they say the P85 on a Boost/9R performs better off the bottom than the P22….you actually get to start off in 1st gear versus 2nd.

Premium Features