• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M6 Cat, any good??????????

L

Lovesnow

Nov 26, 2007
North Dakota
I am thinking about a switch from Polaris to a 600 class Cat sled, for the wife. Any suggestions or info would really help. Thanks

J
Nov 26, 2007
Stayton, Oregon
A buddy of mine has an '06 M6 (albeit a badly thrashed example) and it runs very well. 2 pulls when cold, and runs all day without a hiccup. A tad on the rich side (both gas and oil) but should last a good long time. John's sled has 350 hours on it and is still on the original top end. The sled is very easy to carve with (read: very little effort) so it would probably be something your wife gets comfortable with in short time. I hear that the 2009 steering posts (adjustable for height) will fit the 05 and up models.....Might not be a bad investment. That way the wife can be comfortable on the trail, then raise the bars for added leverage in the POW.

Might look for a Boss seat too......Limited storage on this sled, and the wife might be more comfy with a taller seat.

If you're buying used, look for a clean low hour (don't go by mileage- the nub for the speedo breaks and folks don't replace it until they sell it......John's sled shows a little over 600 miles but 350 hours.....hmmmmmm). Must've been ridden reeeeeaaal slow, huh??

Check A-arms and bulk-heads for bent items and worn bushings.

Happy hunting.

R
Aug 30, 2008
Rocky Mountians
Rode with a guy that had one, guessing 07-08 ish. He took off all the decalls. Had a can on it, it ran really well.

Thing is, I assumed it was a M8..................untill I learned it was the 6.

Nice machine

S
Mar 5, 2005
Boise, Id
Bought a new '06 M6 for the wife a couple of xmas's ago. Put on a PPP can, Snow Eliminators, Ole's riser, RSI high output hand warmers and ODI grips behind a set of PowerMadds. She loves it. Ballpark about 120 ponies and a 153" track and lite weight, can't go wrong with this sled, for a gal. H3ll, I even enjoy riding it every now and then, except I tip it over every time I get on it. A little too nimble for me....;)

P
Jan 28, 2009
usk
very good sled very nimble great running in the hills. hung right with the m7. smoked a rmk 600. my buddys wife rides one only thing she complains aboutis the hand warmers and a little rough on the trails. put the hrp bracket o it if it is not a 09 vent kit and let her rip

rockdog2112

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2008
Cheyenne,Wy USA
I bought my wife an 08 M6 153 track. about a month ago. It now has about 300 miles on it. It is a great sled and I don't think anyone would be disappointed with one. My wife loves hers. My two cents.

C

cowkiller

Nov 26, 2007
Eugene Or.
M-6

I bought the wife an 07 M6 153 brand new. I rode it the first day it was out with "the boyz" We all had King Cats that were piped and really thought we were pretty cool. The M6 kept up all day went everywhere the KK did and really moved through the snow better. The next week I bought an M8 and the other guys bought M1000s. and since one of the guys picked up another M8
The M6 is a GREAT Little Sled!
2000+ miles and never a belt or even a spark plug. this thing runs great!
Since I have put a can,boss seat,2" riser ,simmons skis, I just bought some fox floats for her and this spring I am planning on doing rear suspension mods for her as she weighs 120# and needs some lighter stuff..
Her riding had improved 100% and now is boondocking and occasionally jumping smaller stuff. I can't keep her off of it! She loves it
That sled has improved my snowmobiling alot because she loves to go along. She now rides with the big boys and I really enjoy watching her improve her skills.
I rode it on a night ride a few weeks ago and we were rat racing on the trail the 6 held it's own
I strongly recommend getting one of thse sleds You will not be disapointed.
CK

Premium Features