• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M series seat & tank on 1M?

B
Mar 23, 2008
Vancouver Washington
a serious pain

Some other guy on here did it and i tried copying him but he used all the newer front plastic as well.In my case just went with the seat and tank combo and cobbled it on the sled.It's a hillclimber-bashercat so cosmetically didn't care because it always ended up getting wrecked.I'm sure you've seen sleds hitting rock and tress before so won't bore you.
Basically my way didn't work but luv how it handles and feels now.Great being able to stand forward over the tank and using your knees to hang on.Just hated how wide the old tank & seat was and I'm 6' and couldn't straddle it.Now when it's doing a wheelie on a climb can get my weight over the handlebars and some times keep it down. Made it feel like a newer sled and wouldn't go back to old seat and tank for anything!!!!! Also the steering forward post is a must that made a huge difference.I just used my stock post and put it on the front of post worked great.

That's why it's a bashercat! My dad said it was all cobbled together :face-icon-small-dis.Whooped up on his sled though:fencing:
Horrible pictures because putting bearings and chain etc..., under it right now.Just threw the new Boss seat on for a few pics.Cheap camera would not flash right dead batteries.But that's kinda what it looks like.If not done by back yard mechanic it might turn out a whole lot better.Needs to go 3" more forward but then it would hit the stock steering cross member. Can't ride so not worried about shinny parts .Not afraid to run it over the rocks or through the trees.

Think it's in the best mod for 1m section but it's so long can't find it.Try looking there.Again he used all newer style plastic where i just went tank and seat.

It won't let me download new pics.If you go to my account and look under new post you'll find different pics.If that doesn't help you I'd gladly start another post and show you.Getting it back together right now so can;t take pics because it's all apart.

DSCN3784.JPG DSCN3785.JPG DSCN3786.JPG DSCN3787.JPG DSCN3788.JPG DSCN3789.JPG

Last edited:

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
Basher is that a modded stock tunnel, if so what running boards did you use? What did you do to use the M tank with the electric fuel pump in it or is your 900 an efi ? Looks like it will be easier to ride with that setup..

B
Mar 23, 2008
Vancouver Washington
tunnel & engine.

It's modified with a big block stuffed in it.
The frame was 2003.5 1m mountaincat.151 track..Running boards i just cut out and riveted in some i beam looking aluminum pieces in the hole.
I just used a 162 kk rear tunnel and cut and butchered it down to that angle.Then i used 3/16 aluminum plate and cut to fit tunnel.Then i used a bdx light weight bumper and just welded it because it was cheap and flimsy with the rivets used to attach..It's over kill originally was just going to do the vanamberg bumper style but couldn't get the tube bent right like they do.Their kit would of been easier to do. With rivets and aluminum piece from ace hardware was like $100 bucks. Actually not even that. Aluminum piece $40 and rivets used huck rivets and standard rivets for the drop brackets. But spent a lot of time.If you want a nice shinny clean look I would advise using a aftermarket tunnel kit.I do all my own work because that's what i enjoy doing in my spare time.Just a hobby so don't really care about how it looks. Any questions just ask i'll try my best to get back to you asap.Well except tomorrow will be on mountain.:D
Bottom pic was first attempt but got bashed and ridiculed for my bumper welded to the cooler. Worked just fine by the way and was way lighter than the set-up now.
You pull into the snopark and every one stares.Little kids will grab there dads hand and point in my direction and just stare in awe LOL Must be an ugly looking beast.HA HA !!! Also could be the sweet sound of a triple 2 stroke filling the cold crisp air..

Ok just slammed it back together will clean it up later.You can now see how close the gas tank sits to the cross member.Some one smart could figure out how to get past that a few inches it would mate up to hood a lot better.
Tired heading to bed hope didn't forget a lose nut anywhere.Guess we'll see on the mountain in the morning.

DSCN3715.JPG DSCN3717.JPG DSCN3713.JPG DSCN3692.JPG DSCN3716.JPG Picture 023.jpg DSCN3801.JPG DSCN3802.JPG DSCN3803.jpg DSCN3798.JPG DSCN3799.JPG DSCN3804.JPG DSCN3813.JPG DSCN3820.JPG DSCN3828.jpg DSCN3843.jpg DSCN3844.jpg DSCN3834.jpg DSCN3839.JPG DSCN3689.JPG DSCN3691.JPG DSCN3922.JPG DSCN3916.JPG DSCN3918.JPG

Last edited:
B
Nov 17, 2008
What a cool sled!!! Dig the NA triple! but what with the cancer around the mag and pipe connections? Looks like you have it stripped down really bare bones...any idea of your weight it looks pretty light for a triple in a 1M!

B
Mar 23, 2008
Vancouver Washington
Cancer

LOL :face-icon-small-hap
The cancer is high temp silicone on the pipes gobbed over a stainless clamp.Psi has a slide in pipe fit and the only way to get rid of blow by is to seal with silcone.Tried heat rope and every thing else the high temp silicone worked the best and stopped the pipes vibrating.
The cancer on the mag again is silicone covering the stater from antifreeze water etc from entering into the stator and shortening it out.:face-icon-small-dis .Sucker ate a few until I covered it.
My brother asked the same question it's stripped to the bone of any thing and everything.Have a shipping scale at shop just hasn't made it over there yet.Will get it on there soon.
Looked at your posts so should say thanks for the compliment Booster.It wasn't built for looks just a bashercat and not afraid to ride near the rocks.We got no snow so if you miss a climb it ends up piled in the rocks.Or the trees down below.Never been a anal guy worried about shinny parts on my sled.Kind of a sleeper sled until the pics got posted. Usually don't tell whats under the hood.All flat black to hide every thing under there. Secret from the Doo & Poo guys ::noidea::
Guys needed info for their seat & tank combo so had to divulge secrets.

Last edited:
B
Nov 17, 2008
I don't know how you think flat black makes you stealth...everybody from a mile around can hear the sweet roar a a triple comin' towards em. especially if your under load with hot pipes...gosh i love that sound..

Premium Features