• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Matryx fuel tank

A@ron

Premium Member
Apr 16, 2017
Wisconsin
Went to summarize my wife’s 23 pro today and stuck my syphon down into the tank and realized that you can’t. The tank fill bends back towards the rear of the sled. How do you guys syphon or get the fuel out of these tanks?

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
You can unhook the small fuel line coupler on the tank, install a hose long enough to run to a fuel can.
Power up the fuel pump with a 12 volt battery and you can drain the tank.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
You can unhook the small fuel line coupler on the tank, install a hose long enough to run to a fuel can.
Power up the fuel pump with a 12 volt battery and you can drain the tank.
That’s a great idea.

Sierra G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2017
I’ve syphoned out of my 22 and 23. No problem. My hose is about half inch diameter and I tape a bolt on the end to keep it down.

jeeper8650

Premium Member
Oct 18, 2016
Run ethanol free gas and do not bother draining it. Mine always start right up no problem after sitting all summer. I know that is not helpful but just seems extreme to go through all the trouble to drain gas.

A@ron

Premium Member
Apr 16, 2017
Wisconsin
Unfortunately summit county CO doesn’t have any non eth or I couldn’t find any. I’ll be bringing in my own gas next time or just go north to ? ears Or buff.

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
End of the season now and as in past years (25 or more) I put in either Sta-Bil or Sea Foam fuel staiblizer for the summer and usually fill the tanks so very little air present on top of fuel, I try and start and bring up to temp on all sleds in the trailer each month and jack rear and engage clutch and turn track a few revs and then set back down for another month. This seems to get the job done and has worked for our crew for years and there are 4 sleds in the trailer and 2 in the shop.
gtwitch in wyoming

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
I just put in sea foam. Every two weeks I clean my garage, push the sleds on their summer storage lifts and Dolly to the door and fire them up. My anti fun, can’t don’t won’t neighbor doesn’t like the noise but he can ef off as I put up with his drunken yelling in his garage at night. I used to use a cheap multipurpose electric pump to pull a lot of the fuel out that I got from my father when he passed away. I believe Harbor Freight has something similar for $8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features