• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

KOSO EGT Gone Dark midway through first ride- Why?

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
My first ride with my KOSO EGTs was fantastic!

Unfortunately, the EGTs worked fine for the first half of the day but, for some reason they went dark the second half of the day.

I have them wired to the accessory plug behind the fuel tank. I don't see where the sled has any fuses so there must be a fuse in the EGT power cord?

If indeed a fuse has blown, I have to wonder why?

Does anyone have any ideas?

smoothdawg

Premium Member
Apr 7, 2008
Spokane, WA.
Frosy, is it possible the wire has lost it's connection to power source? My Koso's came with a small black box that I wired inline to the power source on an 07 1000.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Smoothdawg, I suspect very highly that exactly what you describe is the case.

When I installed the EGTs I just cut the stock EGT wire and crimped a malevconnector on the end that I slipped into the accessory plug in. I should probably solder the joint. I did the same with the ground wire.

I suppose all that vibration and shaking may have done a number on my connections?

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
get a 4 flat trailer harness and slice it and you got ironclad connection into power harness after you solder the wires from egt gauge to modified trailer harness

Premium Features