• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

KMOD in an axys

S
Feb 6, 2008
I put a Kmod 155 rear suspension in my turbo axys and hate it right now. seems to push in the trees and took away the "flickability" of the sled. anyone else have this issue? been messing with the setup and just cant seem to get it right. rides awesome on the trails and no ski lift while climbing but just sucks in the trees(where i do most of my riding) I am REAL aggressive in the trees so need to feel comfortable on it. Actually thinking of putting stock suspension back in....

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Skinz ARC is what you want. Best of both worlds. Just throw on some good shocks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
I've noticed way more ski pressure. I'm thinking of trying 8t drivers to be able to extend the limiter strap a bit more. Will this screw up clutching for a Turbo?

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
I wish I could remember what his name was but there was a guy on here that loves his kmod skid and rides aggressive trees as well. He might be able to help you dial your new setup. See if he pipes in or if I remember his name I'll edit this post with it.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I guess for me, and having never run one, I would put it in the least coupled setting. Then I would tighten the fts and loosen the rts until you get what you want.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
I wish I could remember what his name was but there was a guy on here that loves his kmod skid and rides aggressive trees as well. He might be able to help you dial your new setup. See if he pipes in or if I remember his name I'll edit this post with it.

I'm guessing you're thinking of Tory, tdbaugha.

JUDGED

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2015
www.judgedgear.com
Just installed one and I love it and my buddies who have ridden liked it too. Feels a little higher, digs better but tossing around seems fine to me. Running it on 2.

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
If you want to tree bang, setting #1 only. I rarely get off #1 unless I'm climbing/riding some steep stuff (over 30 degree slope) or its chest deep pow.

Where is your limiter strap setting? It needs to be at 12" in a turbo application. I am running mine at 11 7/8". From there, play with the spring tension to get your ski pressure, floatation, and big bump compliance where you want it. Clickers are to be used for the high speed events like jumping, moguls, etc.

You can set that skid up to be more playful than stock or a chute slaying machine.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
If you want to tree bang, setting #1 only. I rarely get off #1 unless I'm climbing/riding some steep stuff (over 30 degree slope) or its chest deep pow.

Where is your limiter strap setting? It needs to be at 12" in a turbo application. I am running mine at 11 7/8". From there, play with the spring tension to get your ski pressure, floatation, and big bump compliance where you want it. Clickers are to be used for the high speed events like jumping, moguls, etc.

You can set that skid up to be more playful than stock or a chute slaying machine.

I agree, I had to adjust limiter strap length (shorter) and because of that re-adjust both spring settings as my Axys 860 163 didn't have enough ski pressure, it would loft the skis climbing even though I was in #4. It also helps that I ride with Kevin so the expert was right there and he got it adjusted to settle the skis down but still remain "flickable".

If you can't seem to make it work for you, give Kevin a call.

Last edited:

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Last edited:

Davajn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2012
Sweden
www.instagram.com

Sounds really good that its possible to have it that playfull. That have been one of my highest concern and also why i've instead been looking at an Arc solution. But if you really are that pleased with it then i maybe should revise my plans with arc and go a full kmod skid instead!
Going to need something that can make the sled planted now when im installing a mtntk turbokit on my sled, and im also running it at low elevation(500-1000m).

By the way are you using Kmotion? If so is it worth it? Im kinda struggling to like doo's solution with T-motion to be honest. Feels like a bandaid to make it more flickable with the wide track.

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
By the way are you using Kmotion? If so is it worth it? Im kinda struggling to like doo's solution with T-motion to be honest. Feels like a bandaid to make it more flickable with the wide track.[/QUOTE]

I'd recommend buying it with the turn key suspension. If you don't like it, you can lock it out.

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
Can you guys comment on what you are finding improves with the KMod skid vs the AXYS stock skid? I have KMod A arms and Raptor shocks all around. It works very nice so just what's the difference. thanks.

I have 500 miles of seat time on my first KMod. It's a great suspension. Comfort wise, very comparable to a FAST M10. Soaks up all the rough trails. Front end control is awesome, with a turbo. One amazing thing I seen was how you can go through large ruts and not feel them unlike a stocker. Both shocks work together, more with increased coupling. Stockers are independent.

Last edited:
N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
I run k mod on my 850 and love it. Pops on snow so much faster and on lower couple setting 1 still super playful. Can out climb a stock skid sled by a long shot. You need to contact Tory for Polaris k mod questions. Look him up on face book under "white dumpster " he will help you. Prob just misunderstanding on set up... I'm yet to see something k mod fail......or not perform....

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
I liked the kmotion on my Pro. I don't see the need on the Axys, granted I'm also running Kmod 37" a arms. If you wanted to try it and didn't like it, you can lock it out.

The main purpose of a kmod is to control ski lift. But it does many other things. It soaks bumps up awesome, its super durable, and you can adjust it to do whatever you want it to do.

It can be set up to be super playful. On my NA Pro I let the limiter straps way out to 12.5". That made it a wheelie machine with NA power. Now that I'm running almost 10psi I don't need the skid to create ski lift, so I am running the limiter at 11 7/8" and a light FTS pressure. This has a tad more ski pressure than stock, but still playful on number 1. I have no problem flipping straight over backwards if I want. If I put the coupler to 4 I can climb much steeper slopes because it keeps the ski lift in check.

Davajn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2012
Sweden
www.instagram.com
I liked the kmotion on my Pro. I don't see the need on the Axys, granted I'm also running Kmod 37" a arms. If you wanted to try it and didn't like it, you can lock it out.

Oh i didnt know it was possible to lock the kmotion. Thats really nice.

Going to see if theres a viable option to import a complete skid to Sweden.
Really gonna need more skicontrol when boosting 10psi at seallvl on a 155" :eyebrows:

Premium Features