• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

kingcat driveshaft bearing

900kingkitty

Nov 27, 2007
terrace b.c, canada
need to change my driveshft bearing, speedo end , can it be done without removing the shaft, have had shaft out before but never really gave it any thought when i had it in my hands.

P
Jan 15, 2005
ND
The bearing has a an over centered locking sleave that you will need to pound off. Much easier with the shaft out of the sled.

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
take it out! Also you can check your chaincase bearings at this time. if you have bearings in your chaincase with a machined grove on the outter race CHANE THEM! they will break, just get a standard bearing a a "O ring" to put around the outter race/chaincase/flange. You could do it in the sled but I suggest checking the CC bearings also this was a big problem! also like PCDOC said about the lock collar, it has a hole and a set screw, loosen the set screw and hit the hole with a punch and a hammer at a twisting angle on the collar and it will pop right off. But when you install the shaft put everything back together leaving the lock collar/bearing loose on the shaft, put the sled in the air and spin the track a bit so the bearing will find its "spot" on the shaft, then knock it on with the punch and hammer and tighten the set screw!

Last edited:
Premium Features